Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Product & Metadata Management / Product & Platform Group
Maternity/parental leave cover from June 1st 2018 to 31st March 2019
Manager Metadata & Knowledge Models (m/f)
The Manager Metadata and Knowledge Models is a customer-facing technical resource, who works closely together with Sales teams in all offices in order to support customers in using and implementing Springer Nature metadata (e. g. MARC records).
One of the main tasks is to define and organize all processes which are necessary for the creation, delivery and communication of metadata to libraries including a structured feedback mechanism in order to ensure input from these markets in Springer Nature’s metadata development plans.
The further development of standards in the scholarly metadata field, in particular in the local library and open access communities, is another key task. This also includes active participation in relevant (industry) community and standardization groups. Intense communication with libraries and occasional personal visits, especially in EMEA and Asian key markets, are required to improve cooperation with our clients and to service them in using Springer Nature’s metadata.
Interdepartmental metadata project management strengthens the connection into the various in-house units.
Development of activities around knowledge models (i.e., taxonomies, thesauri, ontologies) and persistent identifiers (PIDs) complete the position.
- Experience in an academic library or in the library/academic area
- Knowledge and understanding of metadata standards, processes, and knowledge models
- Knowledge of online products, contents and workflows
- Experience in process optimization
- Familiarity with IT processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand and explain complex issues from both a technical and a business point of view
- Project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, in particular ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders, and external customers
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Flexibility and dedicated commitment to your tasks
- Pro-active approach
- Degree in Library and Information Science, or related fields preferred
- Ability to travel
For further information about the position, please contact Henning Schoenenberger, Director Product Data & Metadata Management, email@example.com
Please apply using our online application system.
Limited contract for 10 months
Location: Springer Nature; Heidelberg, Berlin, London, Dordrecht