Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are looking for an
Associate Editor/Editor Computer Science (m/f)
with the following profile:
- Acquisition of conference proceedings, journals and books in the field of computer science
- Building and managing relationships with authors, editors, societies, and the computer science community at large
- Management and strategic development of the existing conference proceedings program, including content published in cooperation with societies
- Management of leads through signing contracts to publication in close cooperation with the LNCS team
- Results-oriented cooperation with marketing, production, IT and other internal departments
- Represent Springer’s overall computer science publication program at conferences and in research institutions
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or closely related field, ideally proven by own publications
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), knowledge in German language
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of the international R&D community in CS
- Basic knowledge of LaTeX and submission systems
- Basic knowledge of new technologies/trends in publishing
- Competence in dealing with IT systems and projects
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership to drive and complete tasks
- Strong organizational skills, including proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Prepared to travel frequently and worldwide
- Basic knowledge of publishing landscape in Computer Science
- The working knowledge of Russian and/or Polish is a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude
Company and location: Springer-Verlag GmbH Heidelberg
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application using our online application system (SuccessFactors) stating your first possible date of joining and your salary expectations.
Your contact person is Ms Nicola Kaiser, Human Resources Heidelberg.
Visit our website at www.springer.com and springernature.com.