Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Associate Publishing Manager, Nature Research
We are looking for an Associate Publishing Manager to join our friendly, busy team. You will work on projects to support the growth of our existing editing and training services, and work across the company to develop new products that meet the needs of the research community.
You will be an excellent communicator and organiser with an enthusiastic approach to work and a positive attitude to problem solving. You will also have strong analytical skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in an exciting and growing area of an international STM publisher.
- Support the Senior Publishing Manager, Researcher Services in delivering the strategy for this area of the business.
- Coordinate projects that support the growth and success of existing services, interfacing with colleagues including those within the department, sales, marketing, finance, legal and editorial teams across Springer Nature.
- Coordinate and support pilots for the development of new paid-for services that meet the needs of researchers and/or institutions interfacing with both internal and/or third party partners.
- Create schedules and timelines with key project dates/milestones for on-going projects.
- Monitor KPIs for on-going projects and products and present the findings to key stakeholders regularly and in a coherent format.
- Work with third party partners on the development of Language Editing, Nature Research Editing Service, to ensure we are always delivering a high quality product.
- Work to increase the visibility of the team and our products internally, finding ways to embed the services within the Springer Nature ecosystem.
- Support the team by keeping up to date with developments in the researcher services field and analysing trends to feed into product development.
Qualifications / Skills/ Knowledge/Experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience in Publishing
- Good level of experience within project management.
- Numerate and comfortable with data analysis particularly in Microsoft excel
- Creative and analytical problem-solver
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team player.
- An understanding of the research environment and the needs of researchers, especially from developing countries (desirable)
- Some experience in STM publishing (desirable)
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter outlining your key ambitions in the role, including your salary expectations.
Closing date: 25th March 2018
Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful research, supporting the development of new areas of knowledge and making ideas and information accessible around the world. We provide the best possible service to the whole research community.