Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Associate Publishing Manager, Nature Masterclasses
Location: London, UK
The Researcher Services department offers a range of services to scientists and other researchers to help them – and their institutions - succeed.
This new role presents an exciting opportunity to join a busy, growing team in a content-development role. Working across the Researcher Training Services products, you will help to develop the content and materials for face-to-face workshops, webinars and online courses for researchers around the world.
You will have a thorough understanding of the researcher environment, with either first-hand experience of training within an institution or an excellent track-record of developing similar training products in online and face-to-face formats. This is an ideal role for someone with a Science PhD looking to continue their career path in publishing.
If you are passionate about innovative publishing and training to support research excellence in institutions around the world, please apply with your CV and a covering letter.
- Support the Publishing Manager to develop, deliver and maintain the researcher training suite of products and services
- Support the Publishing Manager to create training materials (PowerPoint slides and printed workbooks) by building appropriate exercises using examples from scientific articles.
- Assist the Publishing Manager in the testing and implementation of new products and services as required.
- Create schedules and timelines with key project dates/milestones for on-going projects.
- Coordinate with editorial, production, sales, advertising, sponsorship, marketing and other key internal stakeholders to ensure that key deadlines are met.
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Good graduate degree in the sciences (life sciences preferred) or equivalent experience in scientific publishing.
- Experience in scientific research or scientific publishing, science communication or educational/training product development
- Good graduate degree in the sciences or equivalent experience in scientific publishing
- Good level of experience within project management
- Numerate and comfortable with data analysis
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of publishing processes at scientific journals
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter outlining your key ambitions in the role, including your salary expectations.
Closing date: 9th April 2018
Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful research, supporting the development of new areas of knowledge and making ideas and information accessible around the world. We provide the best possible service to the whole research community.