Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is seeking a highly motivated analyst to join our newly created “analytics centre of excellence” within the Research division. The new team will provide the organisation with actionable analysis and insight into the behaviour of researchers in both their roles as authors and users of scientific information as well as general trends in the world of research. Those insights are generated by analysing (big) data sets, including bibliometric and web analytics data, and will support business decisions and resolve strategic questions. The candidate will be part of the Strategy & Market Intelligence Team, working closely with the Product & Platform, Editorial & Publishing, Marketing and Digital Systems units.
- You gather, analyse and blend data to produce business and customer insights, and give recommendations on how to further improve Springer Nature’s products, services and platforms
- You are in charge of tracking, measuring and analysing how visitors use Springer Nature’s websites and the customer journey while keeping an eye on relevant trends and KPIs as well as web-metrics
- You assume responsibility for the data and tools that we use, drive necessary analytics tools implementation and reporting requirements, and ensure data integrity
- You are an advocate for a data-driven culture, share thought leadership on tools and best practices, work with other business units to understand analytic requirements, and train users to enable ‘self-service’ analytics
- You introduce compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards that allow right decision-making in a timely manner
- You have good communication skills and can tell stories from the data
- You help shape the journey towards more advanced and predictive analytics using statistical modelling concepts
- University degree with a strong analytical/quantitative background
- Passion for data and working experience in an analytics role
- Experience with Google Analytics 360 Suite, incl. Google Tag Manager and Data Studio, or other digital analytics tools
- Ability to extract, cleanse and combine data and make sense of it using software and tools like SQL, Big Query, Python/R, Tableau
- Excellent analytical problem solving capabilities coupled with business acumen
- Supportive and team oriented but also able to work autonomously
- Well organized and accurate with a good time management
- Good networker, able to build up effective relations with internal business partners
- Fluent in English and German, willingness to work in an international team and to travel
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.