Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
DEPARTMENT: Springer Research Group
REPORTS TO: Editorial Director, USA
BASIC DUTIES :
We are actively recruiting for an experienced, high potential Editor to join our Biomedicine team. The Editor will be responsible for a journal publishing program. Under supervision of an Editorial Director, the Editor manages an existing journal program and acquires new journals as there is opportunity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define, maintain, and advance the company's accepted, global goals in terms of program growth and development within Biomedicine
- Interact within the company with other editors, production department, product managers, sales department, counterparts in Springer Nature offices abroad, and so forth. Coordinate the Editor's program with corresponding programs in other Springer Nature locations
- Journal acquisition and management responsibilities:
- Oversee the smooth and timely publication of a list of journals published by Springer Nature
- Coordinate Editorial Board meetings, facilitate communication with the Editor-in-Chief, Editorial Board, and Editorial Office to ensure timely publication of issues each year
- Oversee journal contract renegotiation when called for
- Look for journal acquisition or development possibilities in the field for Springer Nature
- Perform related duties as required
- Academic degree in a Biomedicine field or related scientific discipline preferred
- Publishing experience in a similar position preferred
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership to advance and complete tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels and as part of a global team
- Fluency in English and Japanese, both orally and written
- Strong computer skills
- Travel as required to editorial board meetings, etc.
+ This opportunity requires working experience in the publishing industry.