Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are looking for an
Editor / Senior Editor Physics (m/f)
with following profile:
- Acquisition of book projects, particularly in the fields of Materials Science, Applied- and Experimental Physics
- Building and managing relationships with authors, editors, societies, and the Physics/Materials community at large
- Management and strategic development of the existing book program, with possible addition of journals in future
- Attendance at relevant conferences and visits to research institutes
- Results-oriented cooperation with marketing, production and other internal departments
- Academic degree in Physics or a related scientific discipline. A background in Material Science or Applied/Experimental Physics desirable.
- Experience in scientific publishing an advantage
- Fluency in English and German, both orally and written
- High level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers), familiarity with social media is preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels and as part of a team
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership to drive and complete tasks
- Strong organizational skills, including proven ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to undertake frequent national and international travel
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer -Verlag GmbH Heidelberg
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application using our online application system (SuccessFactors) stating your first possible date of joining and your salary expectations.
Your contact person is Ms Birgit Kolb, HR Director Heidelberg.
Visit our website at www.springer.com and springernature.com.