Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are seekeing a Conference Coordinator to work closely with our Conferences team to represent the Nature Conference and journal brands at International Nature Conference events. Key tasks include:
- Working with assigned event Conference Manager to develop templates for Web production. Reviews staging sites for distribution to editors and partners. Follows up with partners for updates and reviews and updates Websites as deadlines and content change from initial launch to executed event. Communicates with other internal service providers as needed, depending on modifications
- Communicate regularly with external conference speakers and attendees regarding questions about registration and abstract submissions for specific conferences. Monitors timeline for pre-determined updates to registered attendees and speakers
- Assist with pre-conference set-up and customer service and flow during events. Flexibility required for weekend and evening hours.
- Collect, organize, maintain data; prepare analysis as needed for reports, to include reports on registration, demographics, abstract submissions, payments/cancellations of registration fees
- Maintain copy of contract agreements as we as timeline for initial and subsequent invoicing. Monitor invoicing process for all Nature Conference events (except those billed in Chinese CNY). Works directly with AP and AR teams to monitor status.
- Prepare materials and supplies for shipment to specified Nature Conference events
- Proofread marketing materials to ensure accuracy of data and grammar
- Coordinate and send post conference surveys
- Coordinate post event speaker reimbursement process and provides updates to Conference Managers for budget control and monthly forecast reporting
- Participate on Teleconference meetings with International Conference Organizing Committees, as needed. May require participation outside of regular office hours.
- Assists Nature Conference Team Managers as needed on administrative and other duties as required
- Proactively develop professional skills and knowledge
- Other Nature Research Group teams; marketing services team; Production department, Editorial, Distribution team, Finance, outside vendors, customer service to attendees/speakers/organizers
- B.A or B.S. Degree (discipline not specifically important)
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer focused administrative and/or operations role
- Able to work in a service orientated environment
- Organized, self-motivated; able to balance priorities
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: