Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are looking for an
(Associate) Editor Chemistry (m/f)
with following profile:
- Acquisition of journal, book and similar content, in particular in the fields of Polymer and Materials Chemistry
- Building and managing relationships with authors, editors, societies, and the chemistry community at large
- Management and strategic development of the existing journal and book program
- Management of publishing projects up to signing of a contract
- Results-oriented cooperation with marketing, production and other internal departments
Academic degree in Chemistry or a related scientific discipline. A background in Polymer and Materials Chemistry is preferred.
Publishing experience in a similar position preferred
Fluency in English and German, both orally and written
High level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers), proven experience with social media is preferred
Excellent communication and influencing skills
Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels and as part of a team
Positive and proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership to drive and complete tasks
Strong organizational skills, including proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
Prepared to travel frequently
Company and location: Springer-Verlag GmbH Heidelberg
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application using our online application system (SuccessFactors) stating your first possible date of joining and your salary expectations.
Your contact person is Ms Birgit Kolb, HR Director Heidelberg.
Visit our website at www.springer.com and springernature.com.