Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
- Actively build up author/editor/reviewer network among (South-) East Asian academic community in the social sciences, behavioural sciences and public health
- Keep abreast of the latest development of responsible subject areas, focusing on emerging or hot topics as well as interdisciplinary research
- Plan, acquire and manage Editorial Projects with (South-) East Asian authors/editors, directly or in cooperation with local/regional partners. Editorial Projects include journals, books, and reference works.
- Be responsible for the quality of Editorial Projects, including metadata, academic content, language, layout, etc.
- Work closely with the Executive Editor, Editorial Director and human science editors from other locations by subject disciplines to achieve the targets assigned by the company
- Help present Springer Nature’s overall social sciences program at conference exhibits in (South-) East Asia
- Master’s (or equivalent) degree in a social science discipline or English literature, from a reputed university.
- 4-5 years of previous working experience in academic publishing or related industry.
- Experience of living / working outside of Singapore is desirable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- First class presentation skills, fluent written and spoken English.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly within the region in South-East Asia, and to Hong Kong.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated with a sense of self-discipline and entrepreneurial interests.
- Proficiency in Office applications, in particular Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Potential candidates who meet our requirements may apply with a full resume in English stating your current and expected salaries, availability and contact details by using our online application system.