Distell Ltd offers an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate to be placed in our Quality Department.
This position will be based in Springs and report to the Intrinsic/ Extrinsic Quality specialist.
Purpose of the Positions:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are currently studying towards a relevant
Formal qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract
Commencing on the 1st of February 2018 and terminating on the 31st of January 2019.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
• Quality Assurance (Intrinsic & extrinsic quality control; Quality Management Systems; etc.)
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following
• South African citizenship.
• Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification.
(e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology; National Diploma in Biotechnology; etc.).
• Candidates in need of In Service or practical workplace experience.
• Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
• Sound communication and presentation skills.
• Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
• Willing and able to work extended hours.
• Must reside or be able to relocate to Springs.
• Reliable transport to and from place of work.
• Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
• Covering letter/ Motivational letter.
• Curriculum vitae (CV).
• Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report) (applications with missing academic records will not be considered).
• Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
• A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation.
• Certified copies of Identity Document.
• Certified copies of driving licence (if applicable).
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: only applications accompanied by an academic record will be considered.
https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply on-line.
Closing Date: 25 November 2017