Applications are invited for the above mentioned positions in the Southern Africa Trade Development department, based at Techno Park in Stellenbosch. The successful incumbent will report to the relevant Trade Channel Manager.
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 February 2018 and terminating 31 January 2019.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, investigate, validate & implement new shopper promotional opportunities by attending events, visiting trade and collating data.
- Manage Budgets.
- Process Campaigns in ERP System i.e SAP.
- Improve and optimise internal business processes.
- Collate all internal information to provide actionable insights.
- Design reports in excel.
- Co-ordinate creative elements to themes.
- Arrange collaborative promotions for shopper reward cards, club cards and internet shopping.
- Setting up account specific Point Of Sale innovation through the business.
- Evaluate shopper promotions and communicate results back to the business.
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification – degree: Degree in BSc Bus Sci, BSc Comp Sci, Bsc Eng, BSc Stats.
- Decision making and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Analyse and generate meaningful insights from numbers & data as well as market/qualitative info.
- Ability to work in cross functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License and own transport is essential.
- South African citizen.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified academic record.
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution.
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution.
- Certified copy of identity document.
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply on-line.
Reference number: 10123 Closing Date: 25 January 2018