WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Admin Officer’s delegated authority and the overall supervision of the Emergency Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan and organize daily, weekly movement of vehicles and drivers and monitor compliance with rules and regulations by all drivers;
- Ensure daily supervision of drivers through a transparent scheduling, clear policy on weekend work, field missions and overtime;
- Maintain an updated database containing information on vehicle location for all of Cox’s Bazar;
- Maintain regular control of logbooks to ensure accuracy of data inputs;
- Receive and respond requests from other units to assign drivers for missions ensuring a proper rotation is always maintained within the driver pool.
- Maintain a register or tracking sheet for fuel coupons, check invoices, identify and reports on discrepancies;
- Reconcile the monthly fuel consumption for Vehicle from FMS and share with Dhaka Fleet manager.
- Follow up with insurance company in case of Accidents and monthly Renewals.
- Follow up with Dhaka Transport Unit regarding the new vehicle lease / insurance / request for additional equipment / Renewal of existing vehicles lease / shipment
- Add/update fuel coupons and job card for maintenance report in FMS
- Create PR’s for all the items related to vehicles / Support Service and SES
- Prepare all required reports and statistical information for the transport unit.
- Prepare WFP vehicle maintenance and repair plans;
- Check invoices submitted by contractors and ensure follow-up of their payment and prepare monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports on vehicle management;
- Ensure proper filing system of documents such insurance files, requests for registration;
- Undertake periodic monitoring and analysis of costs and operational performance;
- Capture in FMS data relating to fuel, maintenance, accidents records, operational status and drivers records;
- Undertake daily physical check of vehicles to identify accidents, damage, mechanical problems;
- Compare data from logbook (mainly mileage against actual itinerary and distance covered) after field missions;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
|Business Support Services & Reporting
||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
|Internal Controls & Risk Management
||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Graduation in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in speaking and writing English and Bangla.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum two years of progressive experience in Fleet management is required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract; SC 5
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 Months (extendable)
DUTY STATION: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
NATIONALITY: Bangladeshi only
MONTHLY NET SALARY: BDT 86,452
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit an online application by 22 July 2018.
Qualified Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.