Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
To perform routine site maintenance tasks to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
- Carry out inside and outside maintenance and installation work;
- Manage all mechanical and electronic works including doors, locks, furniture, generators, water pumps, etc;
- Assist in setting-up of meeting rooms and conference rooms;
- Give technical support and assistance to external contractors during specific maintenance schedules;
- Perform carpentry work in office spaces, moving walls, doors and repairing furniture as required;
- Plan and follow up the daily work of porters, cleaners and gardeners.
- Prepare and follow up execution of yearly plan of larger scale works to be done. As required, take action to address unplanned extraordinary issues;
- Keep record of furniture and inventory numbers. Attach new numbers upon reception of new inventory item and remove upon disposal. Organise the repair and disposal of equipment and material as required;
- Through the portering and cleaning services provide support for moving assets and reorganizing workstations as per the space plans received. Oversee the reinstallation of the new workstation accommodating staff member needs and space planning regulations and limitations;
- Through the portering and cleaning services assist in conference, meeting, and other events set up and ensure good progression. Organise transportation of equipment and material for before mentioned as required;
- Record keeping of works undertaken for monthly payment purposes. Verify invoices accordingly, and take action to amend as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Applicants with vocational training certificate will be given priority
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in site maintenance and basic record keeping.
Knowledge & Skills: • Knowledge of simple machine operations and use of cleaning materials/ solutions.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies in good working order.
• Knowledge of safety precautions.
• High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Language: intermediate English language (communicate easly with manager and International staff) .
These jobs are found in various WFP Offices. Job holders report to the Administration Officer or the designate, and are likely to follow established standard procedures to carry out routine site maintenance tasks. They typically work under close guidance and receive clear instructions and feedback on work outputs from the supervisor. These jobs require a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions wearing protective clothing.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide basic site maintenance and installation work (e.g. generators, water and fuel pumps, water heaters, etc.) including carpentry work and basic site repairs, ensuring well-functioning of equipment. Coordinate the same with external contractors, if required.
2. Provide portering and cleaning services (e.g. moving assets, reorganizing/installing workstations, assisting in setting up conference/meeting/event locations, removing waste materials, emergency cleaning, etc.), to facilitate organized and safe work environment.
3. Contribute to keeping accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP assets management guidelines.
4. Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants must be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni residence/work permit at the time of application.
Make sure to answer all mandatory questions and to upload your updated CV (application must be submitted online and in English only).
In your first page CV, summarize your experience in a table that include:
Internal WFP staff can access the VA through LMS/ CAREER page through the following link
External applicants kindly follow the below link
Females candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline for application is: 29 May 2018
Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
29 May 2018