WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
From 15 May 2018 to 29 May 2018
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Fixed term contract.
Duration: One year.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive, register, and print the invoices submitted by Cooperating partners (CPs) of Damascus FO.
- Process payment claims of Cooperating partners (CPs). Ensure the correct exchange rate is used.
- Track payments made to the Cooperating partners (CPs). Maintain the payment tracking sheet, prepare monthly status report, and flag any issues that require action.
- Perform bi-annual reconciliation of Cooperating partner (CP) payments.
- Liaise closely with CO Finance on issues related to Cooperating partners (CPs) payments.
- Provide guidance and training to the Sub Offices (SOs) and Cooperating partners (CPs) related to payment process.
- Translate documents related to NGO Partnership.
- Work on the preparation of the project proposals submitted to Damascus Field Office, and follow up on the preparation of the Field Level Agreements (FLAs).
- Support the Country Office (CO) on the preparation of the Due Diligence (DD) report for the new NGO willing to engage in implementing WFP programme in coverage area of Damascus Field Office.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Expereince: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, book keeping, project management, or humanitarian assistance in the related field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.