WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Diploma in Secretarial/Business Administration studies or equivalent
Experience: Experience in a Business Administration support role and/or with WFP processes and protocols.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Specialised knowledge of the application of business processes, gained through technical training and work experience.
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
· Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
· Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of services.
· Highly efficient, dynamic Individual with a can- do attitude
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential. French or Portuguese is an advantage.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
The Business Associate will provide administrative support to the RVAA Programme Manager and the Technical Services Manager and will coordinate, control and deliver a full range of business support services for the RVAA Programme, will coordinate and facilitate the activities of the Regional Technical Support Team (RTST) in Gaborone and will coordinate and support RVAA events and activities regionally and within Member States where necessary. The objective is operational service delivery across the programme.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the BA will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Provide a full range of business support services to the programme management team and Regional Technical Support Team (RTST) to contribute to the effective functioning of programme operations.
· Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries from a range of programme stakeholders.
· Actively seek and use feedback to improve programme operations processes and procedures.
· Provide administrative liaison between the programme management team, the Regional Technical Support Team (RTST) and the administrative and accounting services in the RBJ.
· Oversee the end-to-end travel process for programme management, the Regional Technical Support Team (RTST) and programme activity and event participants.
· Coordinate and event manage the preparation, organization and hosting of programme and technical meetings/ workshops, including regional events.
· Oversee the maintenance of records, programme archives and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for the programme management team and Regional Technical Support Team (RTST) and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
· Maintain administrative records of programme assets and their maintenance.
· Assist in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget/s to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively and that financial reporting is accurate.
· Process programme management, Regional Technical Support Team (RTST), VAC support and event procurement as per WFP standards and protocols.
· Provide support services to the programme and technical team as it relates to HR recruitment and payroll requirements.
· Provide weekly status updates in the required reporting format, and daily updates when necessary.
· Maintain regularly communication with stakeholders on the status of tasks, activities and issue resolution.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
28 May 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.