WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
Working as part of the Regional Bureau (RB) EPR team and under the direct supervision of the Head of the EP Unit or OIC the incumbent will focus on emergency operations assisting with the following tasks
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the areas of project management or in areas related to the work as mentioned in deliverables is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of work in emergency preparedness
- Research, analysis and writing skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Ability to make a positive contribution in a team-based environment and to work under tight deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support CO-level implantation of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Package, including:
a. Monitoring CO completion of EPRP activities, including risk profiles/assessment, Minimum Preparedness Actions and Emergency Readiness actions
b. Maintaining a filing, archival and record of CO EPRP activities/status and RB support provided
2. Support EP team in CO-level simulations, including coordinating planning with COs and other RB units, developing simulation materials, contributing to simulation facilitation
3. Assist in planning and coordination and implementation of training workshop for EPR focal points, including developing training materials
4. Support EP unit in RB natural/social alerting and early warning processes and outputs
5. Assist in organization and documentation of OTF meetings
a. Maintain knowledge of WFP’s L3/L2 emergency operations in RBC region
6. Support the drafting of meeting minutes, emergency proposals and funding appeals, as needed
7. Manage travel and event planning within EP unit’s work
8. Any other task as required
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Minimum five years of relevant experience in development and humanitarian sector with NGOs, UN agencies or similar projects
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: Programme Assistant, Emergency Preparedness
TYPE & LEVEL OF CONT RACT: SC5
DURATION & START DATE: One (1) y ear renewable -starting ASAP
UNIT/DIVISION: Emergency Preparedness Unit
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Region al Bureau in Cairo (RBC), Cairo, Egypt
REPORT TO (JOB TITLE): Head of Emergency Preparedness Unit
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application not later than Sunday, 27th of May 2018.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.