WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
This job is found in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh to support L3 emergency operation due Rohingya influx. The position will report to HR Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of HR Officer, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist supervisor in national and international consultant recruitment, separation and others related;
- Check and maintain Recruitment file in sub-office level.
- Check and maintain personnel files for all staff, ensuring all documentation is complete and maintain and update confidential personnel information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files.
- Collect and send monthly national staff timesheet to CO
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data for recruitment and selection, maintain training database, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Assist supervisor in monitoring the contractual status of all staff on various appointments; and monitor within grade service increment schedules and ensure the timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals and personnel action forms;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, experience certificates, salary certificates etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract extension, contract expiration etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Facilitate preparing ID Cards for all staff and delivering them on time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Strong preference will be given to those who have an advance level knowledge in MS Word and Excel. The ideal candidate will be both detailed-oriented, determined, proactive and impatient to get stuff done.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Four to five years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least one year in human resources.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) and/or Post Graduate Diploma in human resources management. Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in relevant subject is preferable.
Language: Fluency in English and local language
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: BDT 86,452.00 net
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit an online application by 26 May 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.