WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The incumbent is expected to deliver and complete a wide range range of WFP beneficiary and transfer management system (SCOPE) operations support activities. Specifically support is to be provided to WFP cooperating partners,retailers and other Agencies who are SCOPE platform users in order to facilitate effective assistance delivery. The functions of this assisgnement will be 70% field based and 30% in the office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
IT Operations Assistant will report directly to the SCOPE Operations Officer who is based at the Sub Office in Cox Bazaar.
- Provide technical support to partners using SCOPE for their operations with a focus on ensuring timely feedback on issues raised by retailers, beneficiaries and partners;
- Provide training and advice to clients and end users of SCOPE services, understand and resolve issues and ensure WFP policies, procedures, systems are followed
- Provide operational guidance to retailers and partners on issues related to beneficiary privacy and protection during the scope transactions.
- Collect and analyse a variety of end user business and technical queries about SCOPE to enable efficient delivery of assistance.
- Support deployments of hardware and software including identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of SCOPE
- Play an active role in beneficiary data activities such as processes on registration, verification,preparation of beneficiary data upload templates and updating of beneficiary data;
- Organise mobile support services and follow set SCOPE emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency assistance needs to be met.
- Carry out monitoring of the retailers activities at the shop outlets providing on-site solutions and ensuring that beneficiaries are provided the best services
- Carry out procedures in installing, configuring, upgrading and troubleshooting the equipment firmware as and when applicable
- Managing field reporting and providing feedback to both beneficiaries, partners and retailers.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University degree preferably in Information Technology,Computer Science,business management or other relevant field, or diploma in the area of computer science,information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- 2 or more years of progressively responsible IT operations or support work experience in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
- Experience of successfully understanding and contributing to achieving key objectives in support of service plans in a service-orientated environment.
- Experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
- Understand and follow established standards and protocols for service excellence in SCOPE operations to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit detailed understanding of customer IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs including identification of recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
Proficiency in English
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture
||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization
||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
|Procurement and Contract Management
||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type : Special Service Agreement
Contract Duration : 6 months
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary : BDT. 86,452 net
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requests to submit an online applications by 25th of May 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.