The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities to the Administration and Finance team in their tasks as Business Support Assistant. Ensure continuity and permanent communication between the units and their clients either colleagues and or any visitors.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Maintain and update the unit’s filing system.
2. Draft all correspondence for the units Administration and Finance and ensure any related follow-up.
3. Prepare various documentation and reports, including confidential letters by ensuring accuracy in spelling and layout and adherence to WFP procedures.
4. Organize/support in staff meetings or special events.
5. Provide procedural advice to staff on office methods and procedures, and on the use of various software and other office equipment to improve the quality and efficiency of their work.
6. Prepare/complete online “New Staff Request” to request IT services for new staff joining Finance & Admin Unit.
7. Prepare/complete online “Mission Authorization” and “Security Clearance” on behalf of Regional Finance Officer (RFO).
8. Provide guidance/advice, under direct supervision of RFO, on completing standard forms to access SAP /WINGS (WARF) the corporate system of WFP inside the Regional Bureau and support for those requests to be endorsed by the RFO to the Country Offices (CO) under the Regional Bureau of Cairo.
9. Support COs to send to Headquarters any documents namely Delegations of Authority and other documents requiring the endorsement of management in the Regional Bureau.
10. Become the focal point for Delegation of Authority files for Regional Bureau.
11. Business Continuity Model (BCM) for the Regional Bureau – under supervision of the RFO –support and update the BCM requirements and keep them updated in regular basis.
12. Act as the Unit's focal point for attendance records when requested by Unit staff members or HR Unit.
13. Draft meeting minutes and records of meetings and conference calls.
14. Focal point for Invoice Tracking software (ITS) in finance; handle incoming invoices on the ITS.
15. Assist Regional Administration and Finance Team with arrangements for mission travels.
16. Provide a range of administrative service for the Finance team.
17. Support other units/staff as alternate.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
. Good knowledge of EPR system (preferably SAP
Language: .Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic..
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration:12 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
27th November 2017
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.