The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are seeking qualified applicants to our roster for Temporary Administrative Assistants based in our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. WFP recruits local administrative staff for short term assignments at the entry levels of the General Service category. The duration of the short term assignment may vary from 1 to 11 months.
Applications are open to:
- Italian nationals: with a valid passport or identity card;
- EU citizens: with a valid passport or identity card AND confirmation of registration from the Italian police authorities or Registrar’s Office (Anagrafe);
- Non-EU citizens: a valid Italian Resident Permit (renewal slips will not be accepted).
For more information on Italian protocol requirements, please refer to
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
- Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- At least two years of relevant office (secretarial/administrative) experience – each employment record in the CV should contain a detailed description of clerical duties performed.
- Reside within the Rome commuting area.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint. Computer knowledge and skills should be recorded under the CV.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Good attention to details.
- Fluency (Level C) in English language.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 October 2018
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Candidates who are considered to meet all essential requirements will be invited to participate in a formal assessment of their office skills and written/spoken English before being confirmed on the roster.