WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Cox's Bazar Offices. Job holders may either perform HR support functions in the front office and report to the HR Officer. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of HR Officer, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Extract and compile HR data for recruitment, selection and others to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Collect monthly national staff timesheet, check and maintain time keeping in ERP, leave reports etc
- Prepare/update the briefing materials and induction schedule for the new joiner [staff/consultant]
- Draft routine correspondence and initiate process for the preparation of all staff support documentation (identification cards, bank accounts etc);
- Facilitate preparing ID Cards for all staff and delivering them on time.
- Assist in the recruitment process, i.e. longlisting, organize test, interviews, sending invitation/offer etc
- Update staff and UNDSS list on regular basis
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, experience certificates, salary certificates etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Respond to human resources queries from staff
- Check and maintain personnel files for all staff at location, ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain and update confidential personnel information and documents, ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
- Check and maintain recruitment files
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management
Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type : Service Contract
Contract Duration : 06 (six) months (Extendable)
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary : BDT. 77,466
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
21 November 2018
Female and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.