Process Development Technician
Location Dayton – Ohio
A globally leading technology group, Heraeus is headquartered in Hanau, Germany. Founded in 1851, it is a family-owned portfolio company which traces its roots back to a pharmacy opened by the family in 1660. Today, Heraeus combines businesses in the environmental, energy, electronics, health, mobility and industrial applications sectors. In the 2017 financial year, the FORTUNE Global 500-listed company generated a total revenue of €21.8 billion. Our promise to about 13,000 employees is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of this position is to produce products and to support the scale-up process of new products meeting customer specifications and performance requirements. Projects involve establishing standard operating procedures for new products or product modifications.
- Control or operate equipment in which chemical changes or reactions take place during the processing of products and pilot scale evaluations.
- Interpret process data trends, developmental results, and statistical analysis.
- Measure, weigh, and mix chemical ingredients, according to procedure.
- Monitor gauges, recording instruments, flowmeters, or products to ensure that specified conditions are maintained.
- Draw samples of products for the Analytical Department at specified stages so that analyses can be performed for specific chemical characteristics such as pH levels, concentrations, or viscosities.
- Observe safety precautions to prevent overflow, fires, explosions or spills.
What is required for this role:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Chemistry, and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or chemical production facility are required.
- Self-starter with an attention to detail required.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and ability to work in a team environment; exhibit a high level of persistence, motivation and initiative.
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps, ovens, stirrers, dryers and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance is required