DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
At DSM sustainability is the core value of the company. We are focused on delivering science-based, sustainable and scalable solutions that face up to the challenges our world faces today.
This core value also means that DSM wants to be a frontrunner in the business by setting ambitious sustainability aspirations company-wide. DSM actively manages its absolute GHG emissions reduction, GHG efficiency and energy efficiency. More information on our environmental performance can be found in our Integrated Annual Report. As part of DSM’s strategic update in June 2018, a new target was announced of 30% absolute reduction of the company’s direct GHG emissions (Scope 1) and emissions from its purchased energy (Scope 2), by 2030, from a 2016 baseline year.
To boost our CO2REDUCE program for our scope 3 ambitions, DSM Sourcing* is looking for two (2) enthusiastic and communicative:
Sourcing Sustainability Engineers
locations: Sittard, The Netherlands
travelling: 25 – 50% in NL/EMEA
Purpose is at the heart of DSM ’strategy. With a passion for sustainability, you are a result-oriented, talented and structured technical professional who thrives in cooperation with procurement professionals across DSM’s business-groups to convert DSM’s sustainability ambitions into tangible emission reductions. In this growing and developing field of scope 3 emission reduction, suppliers recognize DSM as a front runner. Your interaction and communication skills, your experience and relevant know-how and insight is recognized as valuable and leads to clear action plans on emission reduction, ultimately strengthening DSM’s relationships with its supplier’s base. Using your abundant project skills, you are self-propelling in defining new project proposals and ideas without losing sight of the business objectives, and the overall roadmap of DSM on emission reduction.
As a sourcing sustainability engineer you will work closely with the procurement of the businesses and their supplier portfolio to provide effective and valuable project contribution to defining and realizing their CO2REDUCE roadmaps. You will work in close cooperation with the sustainability director / program lead for CO2REDUCE to further develop the program as well as other aspects such as trainings and companywide communication. You will report to the VP procurement excellence and sustainability of DSM Group Sourcing.
The key responsibilities in this position will be
- Driving reduction projects and pilots with business groups and suppliers in close cooperation with business through agreed deliverables with key stakeholders.
- Active contribution to further development and deployment of the CO2REDUCE program.
- Focal point with in-depth knowledge for scope 3 related matters in the businesses.
- Identification, generation and definition of new scope 3 emission reduction projects.
- Participation in subprojects of the CO2REDUCE program as well as contribution to scope 3 reporting for the DSM’s integrated annual report.
- at least 8 years of working experience in either:
- working in business function with or within large and mid-size corporates.
- process engineering preferably in a Life Science or Material Science environment, in which process improvement has been a considerable part of the work.
- Technical University background (Chemical or mechanical engineering or similar type of knowledge background).
- Good communication skills, able to connect quickly and effectively with a broad range of people.
- Good knowledge of hands-on project management in a technical context. You thrive in a fast-developing field and you don’t let go until the job is done.
- The experience and passion you bring to the table in the field of energy saving and GHG emission reduction is inspiring to your colleagues and teams.
- Fluency in English and ideally another language.
- Your track record shows you as an active project contributor or leading role in projects with many stakeholders.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Does the above push the right buttons with you? Are you excited to Do Something Meaningful and contribute to DSM’s ambitions on sustainability and climate change, then take action and upload your CV and motivation letter in English on our career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
For further information on the content of the job, please contact David van der Velden, Talent Acquisition Business Partner (+31-6 46 94 13 62 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks will be needed. The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website.
(*)DSM Sourcing is a professional organization supporting DSM businesses to generate sustainable profit by developing, coordinating and executing state of the art procurement and contracting on a global scale. DSM Sourcing Indirect, part of DSM Sourcing, is an integrated global strategic purchasing organization for indirect goods and services.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on