DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Europe Demand Manager
Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM’s 23,500 employees deliver annual net sales of about € 9 billion. The company is listed on NYSE Euronext.
The Business Group Engineering Plastics is part of the Performance Materials cluster of DSM. DEP is headquartered in Singapore and has sites in the Europe, USA and Asia.
For DSM Engineering Plastics (DEP) we are looking for Asia Pacific Demand Managers, based in Shanghai.
In this position, you are responsible for Demand forecast related activities for DEP Europe and play a vital role as a linkage between Supply Chain, Commercial and Finance.
The purpose of this role is:
- Responsible for monthly demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for 18 months horizons in line with the DEP IBP process
- Interact with Sales and Business intelligence to understand demand forecast drivers and consistency
- Conduct the demand forecast analysis and classification for better system planning.
- Play an active role in the S&OP process to create the visibility on supply risk to commercials
- Prepare/drive the weekly Sales Flash together with Sales and input to Finance to give timely and transparent sales insight for business decision
- Continuously improve Forecast Accuracy and focus on root cause and bias analysis
- Involve in the improvement projects focused at Demand Planning tactics
- Act as key contact window from supply chain to commercial team in terms of demand forecast change, supply issue, portfolio management, allocation. Etc
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in the area of Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain and/or related area (Sourcing, Logistics, Improvement).
- You have 5-10 years working experience in an international multisite environment
- You are result-oriented and show a self-propelling attitude
- You are a team player and enjoy work with other functions and individuals
- You are easily connecting also with senior (sales) management
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English (Must) and preferably in Dutch.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English.
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.