DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
To ensure continuous improvement in Quality, Safety, Health, Environment (SHE) and Security, DSM Dyneema (*) is looking for a:
Director Quality, SHE and Security
Location: Geleen, The Netherlands
In this role you will directly report to the president of DSM Dyneema and are part of the Business Group’s (BG) Leadership team. You will directly lead a team of 7 specialists and have dotted lines to approx. 65 employees, in the field of SHE, Security, and Quality on the various sites of DSM Dyneema worldwide.
As the highest ranking professional within DSM Dyneema on Quality, SHE and Security, you will represent the BG by participating in the DSM SHE leadership team, DSM security council and DSM Quality council. Dyneema operates Manufacturing Sites, Technology Centers, Offices and Warehousing Worldwide (China, Singapore, Netherlands, North America).
In 2018, DSM Dyneema has (re)defined their Mission for the coming 3-year period, where they are among others aiming for 0 quality/SHE related incidents. Last year the results have significantly improved, the challenge for you will be to ensure and anchor the quality, SHE and security mindset in the organization and to continuously manage improvements.
You will do this by enhancing quality, SHE and security knowledge, processes, behavior, awareness and attitude by challenging SLT, Line management and quality teams. You will be responsible for preparing long term plans and after approval execute (direct part) and support execution (line management part) all based on DSM and DSM Dyneema SHE and Quality policy and requirements.
To enhance SHE and quality performance you are authorized to audit any unit which you deem necessary or organize for peer-to-peer audits cross locations, to make sure you have steering information and identify potential improvement areas.
Besides these challenges, you will also be the SHE & security and facility manager of Dyneema in Geleen.
- Academic level in Engineering (preferably Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- (Post-) academic level in SHE or extensive experience in SHE and Quality.
- At least 10 years of work experience, preferably in the chemical industry
- At least 3 years of management experience.
- Experience in an (operational) manufacturing environment.
- Experience as program/project manager with organizational, cultural and behavioral change aspects.
- Experience with at least ISO 9001 certification and Internal Audits.
- Organizational and cultural sensitivity
Do you recognize yourself in the above and are you interested to strengthen our team? Please apply on-line by uploading your CV & motivation letter in English.
Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided.
For more information on the position you can contact David van der Velden, Talent Acquisition Business Partner (+31-6 46 94 13 62) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference check and an assessment are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
* DSM Dyneema is a brand-driven organization, in which we strive to enable our colleagues to do what it takes to consistently deliver the brand promise to all its stakeholders. This means we encourage open and honest 2-way communications and feedback, and we seek to empower all employees to deliver on their commitments. DSM Dyneema relies on effective teamwork to match performance to our ambitions, and everything we do is based on the foundations of trust, support and mutual respect. Our open working style creates a stimulating and fun place to be.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on