DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Do you want to have a large impact on the sustainability mission of DSM? Within a company that has topped the Dow Jones sustainability index for the last decade and is praised by Fortune magazine as one of the frontrunners on their list of “Companies that Change the World”? Within our joint-venture DSM Niaga Vof*, the inventor and manufacturer of the world’s first fully circular carpet technology and the related manufacturing technology and equipment?
Sounds interesting? Then we have an opportunity for you: come join our scale-up organization and work on further improving our leading-edge sustainability mission.
For further growth of our team in Geleen, we are looking for a:
Process Engineer Niaga®
For this position we are looking for an Process Engineer, who will develop the best processes, equipment and scale up with the Niaga team to launch our products into the market. The Process Engineer will be working within a multidisciplinary team and is feeling responsible for the safety in the manufacturing-facility.
The engineer has a hands-on mentality, is open minded and has an affinity with improving application processes or machine design. You will work in the “Innovation Center” on improving carpets manufacturing in cooperation with Niaga partners, and this guarantees alternating work. Nevertheless, standard work to support customer trials, study product quality, processing, and scale-up will also be part of the daily work.
You will like the team’s constant drive for results and focus on changing the world through sustainable solutions. We work together to drive improvements and push through ambiguity that naturally comes with the learning environment that underlies our ambitious growth plans.
Main tasks evolving your function;
- Experiments, and customer trials to learn about new applications, and how to manufacture them
- With the scientist in the team explain the manufacturing processes from their Chemical and Physics fundaments
- Translation into new manufacturing processes, and optimization of the existing ones
- Design manufacturing equipment and ways of working to enable: safe, reliable, and fast manufacturing
- Develop new ways of measuring in-line key process parameters (polymer flows)
- Develop improved (faster, more accurate) measuring off-line (e.g. incoming inspection)
- Trouble-shoot processing problems to ensure production of quality products
- Function as an intra- or interdepartmental team member, interfacing with other functional department personnel as required to resolve operating issues or to improve process quality and efficiency
Background & Experience
- A HBO (Bachelor) or WO (MSc.) thinking level
- A background in engineering (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical)
- Knowledge about product development & machine development
- Experience in working with 3D CAD (SolidWorks and/or Pro-E, Creo) (preferred)
- A good team player that can also work self-propelling and that takes ownership, together with internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills (mandatory in English and Dutch)
- Flexible to travel to Niaga partners in Europe (around 20% of your time) for co-development purposes
DSM Niaga is a growing organization and this position can offer you growth potential, but where that will be is up to you and the success of our organization.
Are you up for the challenge? Than get ready for action:
Apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided. For additional questions you can contact, Brahim Dagdaoui / Recruitment Business Partner (email@example.com).
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
*DSM Niaga Vof is a joint venture between Niaga BV and DSM Coating Resins BV, both from the Netherlands. DSM-Niaga is the inventor and manufacturer of the world’s first fully circular carpet technology and the related manufacturing technology and equipment. Niaga® Adhesive is produced in Meppen (Germany), the Niaga® Innovation Center is in Geleen and the Niaga® Circular Adhesive Competence Center is in Zwolle.
DSM-Niaga is in its start-up phase, which brings a lot of internal and external dynamics and growth. This requires an agility in thinking and action, and a love for working in a continuously dynamic work environment. DSM-Niaga is a brand-driven organization, in which we strive to enable our colleagues to do what it takes to consistently deliver the brand promise to all its stakeholders. This means we encourage open and honest 2-way communications and feedback, and we seek to empower all employees to deliver on their commitments. DSM-Niaga relies on effective teamwork to match performance to our ambitions, and everything we do is based on the foundations of trust, support and mutual respect. Our open working style creates a stimulating and fun place to be.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on