DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Manager KMS - Knowledge Management & Sharing
DSM Innovation Center
For DSM Innovation Center in Geleen (DSM Science & Technology) we are currently looking for a: Manager KMS – Knowledge management & Sharing.
Knowledge Management & Sharing’s overarching purpose is to turn information into innovation and thus increase the efficiency of DSM employees and the efficient execution of the DSM (innovation) strategy.
The main purpose of the job is to develop the Knowledge Management & Sharing strategy for DSM as well as setting the strategic directions related to KMS (including Data Management, Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning and Insights Delivery) inside DSM. The impact is a unified KMS strategy for DSM, a unified data management strategy for DSM, securing DSM’s most valuable intangible asset data and improve the KMS efficiency in DSM overall (unified language, procedures and data sharing culture).
You will have a close relationship with the business and research community (including IP and Regulatory) and develop that into a consistent overall KMS strategy and translate that into new products and services. You know the demand and ensure continuous focus on the user satisfaction and the development of the Services, you also focus on product development in the strongly digitalizing world.
Your key areas of accountability / responsibilities will be:
Accountability / Responsibility:
- Responsible for advising and challenging the business to translate their Knowledge Management & Sharing needs in strategy/goals with respect to KMS
- Accountable for setting the strategic direction of the department and the future direction of Knowledge Management & Sharing (including data management) inside DSM.
- Accountable for having motivated specialists and have a succession planning to guarantee the long-term fitness of the department.
- Accountable for proper stakeholder management (Main stakeholders VP RT&D’s, Innovation directors and Corporate – and Senior Science Fellows and Managers Business Intelligence of the BG’s as well as IP Assets, Regulatory Affairs, CS&A and Sourcing).
- Responsible for the proper financial governance (PTP and OTC processes).
- Responsible for the DSM internal marketing and promotion of the department.
- Proof the added value of the KMS process to the DSM businesses by quantification of the added value it has on the Business, innovation and RT&D programs and the financial result.
- Stakeholder management, dealing with wishes from the internal stakeholders (VP RT&D’s, Senior /Corporate Science Fellows, Innovation Directors and Managers Business Intelligence), whereby each individual stakeholder defends his own interest with great passion.
- Draft and get approval for the necessary budget and distribution key. Main problem is balancing the wishes of the individual stakeholders (DSM users globally) with the available possibilities (money and resources).
- Unlock the external information world by selecting the right packages and vendors and make uninterrupted delivery possible and to leverage contract value inside DSM and still meeting the demand for a superior external information portfolio for DSM.
- Balancing the IT needs of a fast digitalizing world and the complexity of integrating external KMS technology in the DSM IT landscape and make it happen.
- Secure the best support available from the external infrastructure vendors, contractually and on a relationship basis.
- Decide on the way of executing the KM&S strategy for DSM
- Decide on shaping stakeholder management/creating support for the KM&S development in DSM.
- Develop and execute the Knowledge Management & Sharing Program for the DS&T Office and decide upon Sourcing Strategy
- Select the best people for the Knowledge management & Sharing department.
- Decide on the portfolio of external contracts for DSM with respect to information.
- Select the best IT tools and Platform technologies available that meet DSM’s strategic goals and are in line with Corporate IT guidelines.
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- Minimal Master’s degree: Science or IT or MBA. A combination thereof or equivalent;
- 10-year Experience in service delivery/business process knowhow etc.;
- Managerial and social knowledge and experience: Excellent communication and social skill;
- People management skills, being able to communicate with main stakeholders, VP RT&D and Senior/Corporate Science Fellows as well as Managers Business Intelligence;
- Knowledge and experience in the discipline: Know-how of the information market, about product portfolio management, about business processes in general and about the developments in the IT world;
- Knowledge of and experience in Science/Business or IT: Being able to combine content knowledge with the available tools in the market and linking to the best strategic choices in knowledge management for DSM.
- Experience in working in a global context and with multi-cultural environments.
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Strong background in continuous improvement techniques (Lean, 6 Sigma), showed model behavior in implementation and daily follow up.
- Decisive, result oriented, excellent coaching skills and lead by example.
The Procedure & Contact
Interested in this role? Please apply on-line by uploading your CV & motivation letter in English. For additional questions you can contact; David van der Velden, Recruitment Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.