DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
The DSM Marketing & Sales Excellence (DM&S) department has a value proposition to enable Customer Centricity within the Business Groups (BGs) at DSM to accelerate durable organic growth. In doing so its mission is to focus on creating core Customer Centricity capabilities (through the development and implementation of leading M&S practices, Voice of Customer activation within both innovation and commercial processes & right mindset development). DM&S is a vehicle for accelerated cross-fertilization of knowledge across DSM and a source for M&S business talent of the future.
Within DM&S we are looking for a new member of our team reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer:
Senior M&S Excellence & Portfolio Manager
Location: Netherlands (Geleen)
For 50% of your time you will be the Senior Portfolio Manager responsible for managing the portfolio of projects within DM&S. You will work hand-in-hand with the Chief Marketing Officer supporting in the operational running of the department. You will define the plan for the DM&S Project & Activity Portfolio and manage the execution of the plan via existing resources within the team, working closely with the DM&S Directors. You will ensure projects are in line with DSM’s functional guidelines and requirements and Agile Squad methodology. You will keep holistic track on the progress of project milestones, budget, timing and quality standards of projects being handled by the DM&S department. You will have a clear picture of the M&S needs and demands of the Business Groups, in order to translate this into a robust demand management process for DM&S. You are recognized as the spider in the web within the department, seen as to go-to person for professionalizing M&S projects, providing advice, support, mitigating challenges in delivery. You work on a strategic level to help in create the right mix of priorities within the DM&S Portfolio, in line with the Business Groups and work on a tactical level to ensure governance structure, meetings and review sessions are organised and facilitated within DM&S and towards the M&S Leadership Team.
- Define the portfolio plan for DM&S based on inputs from CMO, Directors DM&S and M&S Leadership Team.
- Manage the holistic execution of the Portfolio plan in terms of money, time, quality, organization and information and ensure that the objectives, deliverables and milestones are met.
- Perform program management (coordination and resource management) across the various projects within DM&S
- Ensure alignment between the related projects within the program
- Report the program/project progress versus the program/project plan to the CMO & BG Leadership on a regular basis.
- Manage the DM&S resource management risks and inform the CMO timely in case program/project objectives, deliverables, milestones, budget, timing and/or quality incur risk.
- Ensure via DM&S members that evaluations take place within the program/project, KPIs on departmental level are tracked and improvement recommendations for future programs/projects are made and transferred
- Support the team in ensuring PMP compliance and/or support in the development of Agile Squad project methodology
- Ensure governance framework for the department is in place, acting as the right hand to the CMO in the operational running of the department
M&S Excellence Projects:
- Collect & embed customer, competition & industry insights into M&S projects and decision making
- Sales: Upgrade from product to value based solution selling. Enhance & automate commercial excellence
- Min. 8 years of relevant experience in Project or Program Management
- (Essential) experience working for Consultancy organisations
- Min. 8 years of relevant experience in Marketing and/or Sales, preferably in a complex international setting in related industries to DSM’s portfolio
- Advanced Academic degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, to be able to have a helicopter overview yet zoom in and challenge on the details with authority and credibility
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment, be the spider in the web, anticipate changes and work collaboratively with senior executive leaders to drive the department to success
- Interpersonal skills to guide and build trust in teams in order to lead and guide in a proficient manner
- Knowledgeable in project management methodologies
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Willingness to travel internationally
Interested and excited? Than get ready for action:
Apply for this position by uploading your CV and motivation letter in English on the DSM career website (www.dsm.com/careers) before June 24th, 2019. The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website.
For further information on the content of the job, please contact David van der Velden, Talent Acquisition Business Partner (+31-6 46 94 13 62 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks will be needed.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on