DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Do you have experience with Sharing platforms? Or do you have passion for Science and IT? Maybe you should continue reading!
The DSM Innovation Center (DIC) has been established to accelerate and support innovation within DSM. They do this in close cooperation with the other DSM business groups. Therefore, DIC plays an important part in achieving the strategic innovation objectives that DSM has set itself.
DIC has a new business development role, with its incubator and emerging business areas, as well as a leading role in enabling innovation performance within DSM.
For DIC we are currently looking for a Knowledge Management & Sharing Platform Manager. In this role your purpose is to increase the efficiency of DSM employees and the efficient execution of the DSM (innovation) strategy by making data and information available for the internal organization. You will work closely with our scientists and IT department to realize high quality information and data in an effective and efficient way and that provides DSM with a strategic advantage over its competitors. Your key customers are the DSM RT&D population (2.000 members) and the DSM business development community (>1000 members).
In this position you will have the possibility to work remotely. However ideally, we would have someone close to our R&D locations in either Delft or Geleen or be willing to travel to these locations.
The main task is bringing Knowledge Management & Sharing to the next level in DSM. The department reaches this by solving the following complexities:
- Advices the key stakeholders in the science community (VP RT&D’s, VP Innovation Directors) on Knowledge Management & Sharing and create innovation leverage.
- Actively seeks out synergy opportunities between the science and the business community to leverage data for better insights.
- Help internal customers with questions or issues regarding the platforms.
- Play a key-role in contracting information sources for DSM global to leverage buying power, reduce fragmentation and bring together information needs internal DSM in the most efficient manner.
- Maintain an outside in focus to be able to adopt the latest and best solutions for information disclosure/e-technologies (e.g. content extraction, semantic enrichment, etc.).
- Manage the external information bought from outside parties (publishers and database providers).
- Manage internal information storage which is enabled via the internal research document repository/electronic lab notebook and related platforms and is disclosed with the best governance and artificial intelligence (AI) (IT) tools in place, in compliance with the DSM IT corporate requirements for DSM.
- Balance continuously the information wishes of the internal community with the possibilities for having this in place against the optimum costs and within the retention policy of DSM.
- Develop and maintain several knowledge Platforms for internal and external content or hybrid solutions thereof.
- Promote and train the best practices related to information push and pull, information search and browse, both via e-learning methods, classical method and individual support.
Background & Experience
Ideally you would have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, IT or Business Intelligence
- Minimal 3 years of experience as an application engineer, scientist, business analyst or similar function in research, business and/or IT.
- Know-how of information market and cluster area, know-how about product portfolio.
- A continuous improvement mentality or
- Entrepreneurial Skills to develop knowledge platform output into personalized insights.
- Excellent communication and social skills in order to manage and work with different stakeholders at all levels of the organization globally.
- You speak and write fluently English. Dutch is a plus.
The Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided. For additional questions you can contact, Clémentine Rolaff-van de Panne / Recruitment Business Partner (Clementine.email@example.com).
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on