DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com
DSM Biomedical is a market leader in regenerative medicine and in the supply of novel medical devices and the biomaterials that comprise them. DSM Biomedical has established a team of exceptionally talented and experienced individuals who are committed to innovation, collaboration, and improving the experiences of both medical professionals and patients. The company possesses expertise in the research, development, scale-up, and supply of novel materials and medical devices. Intellectual property is of paramount importance in this high value-added market arena. DSM Biomedical is organized in several international business units around a combination of technological platforms. These business units are regionally anchored and serve a global customer base.
DSM Biomedical is part of the DSM Innovation Center and provides a proprietary product portfolio using a wide range of biomedical materials that enable the replacement, repair, enhancement, and regeneration of tissue and organ functions in the body. Its novel, materials- and technology-based solutions are designed to meet the needs of the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. DSM’s medical device expertise spans one of the broadest portfolios of medical materials, including biostable polyurethanes, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylenes, resorbable polymers, ceramics, collagens, extracellular matrices, silicone hydrogels, device coatings, and drug delivery platforms. Millions of products are produced each year for applications in fields such as orthopedics, sports medicine, ophthalmology, general surgery, and cardiology.
We have an opening in our Exton, PA facility for:
Global Program Management Lead
As Global Program Management Lead, you will coordinate demand for project management resources as well as inspire and coach team members and enable their personal development and professional training. You will ensure best in class project management and strengthen the community of project managers in Biomedical.
This position will be satisfying to you if you are a proficient and passionate Program and Project Management Director with excellent people/stakeholder management and communication skills. You also need to have a passion for and engage with science and/or technology management. You like to balance being a senior project director as well as developing other project directors, to see them grow their potential and skills.
In the role of Global Program Management Lead, you will:
- Work with the various Project Owners to define their project support needs
- Balance the portfolio of resource activities and budget of the Project Management Office (PMO) team in-line with the business needs
- Specify competencies needed by the PMO team, identify current competencies, develop training and education programs to achieve competency objectives for project directors in Biomedical (PMO as well as line functions)
- Coach, mentor, and otherwise support PMO Team members in the fulfillment of their project director assignments
- Work closely with the Project Management (PM) Focal points in Biomedical to introduce best practices and corporate compliance for project management under the PM Excellence Roadmap, ensure common approach and frame of reference to project management process and practices as well as relevant project management tools
- Advocate for keeping the knowledge of the PM Excellence Roadmap and Best Practices up to date within the PM community
- Provide expertise for start-up of programs or projects, planning and closing projects, conducting regular health checks (peer reviews), facilitation of FEL and other workshops
- Lead/Oversee top Biomedical projects to ensure proper oversight, management/decision making, and lead by example to ensure a best-in-class PMO leadership and track record of success
- Ensure project post-mortem analysis and analysis is completed
- Establish metrics and reporting for project management and performance
What we want to see in you:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an international and complex environment or matrix organization as project director dealing with technical operations or equivalent role required
- Experience directly managing others required
- Ability to lead a team of professionals. Manage competency, training, availability and performance of PMO team.
- Technical manufacturing background a plus
- Medical device and/or pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred
- Strong connection, interaction, and influencing skills with executive stakeholders/counterparts
- Conceptually strong, forward thinking, pro-active and self-propelling
- Disciplined and driven leader who has a track record of driving operational focus and accountability to deliver projects on time and budget.
- High level collaborator who can work at all levels of the organization to results
- Strong financial analysis and modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with being extremely organized
- PMP certification a plus
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact:
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your Resume and Cover letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.