DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Dyneema has very demanding business targets requiring an agile and flexible manufacturing organization to support both growth and innovation.
Quality in the broadest sense is gaining importance in the Dyneema business in a rapid pace. You have an important role in shaping the quality culture and processes on site, and continuous improving the quality standard. Beyond that, you enable our business to excite our customers with great quality Dyneema products.
In addition, you provide quality support and oversight to make sure quality risks on site are sufficiently controlled, and to ensure quality compliance with relevant rules and regulations, in order to keep the Dyneema standard on quality on a high level.
All of the above happens in close cooperation with other parts of the business, both locally in Heerlen and globally within DSM Dyneema (M&S, DSCM, Global Q, Innovation; and especially the Dyneema manufacturing site in Greenville, NC, USA).
Furthermore, DSM Dyneema Site Heerlen is in the middle of an important transition in culture. Accountability for performance, collaboration and agility need to be key strengths of our workforce. You will stimulate that culture by leadership and exemplary behavior.
You will operate very close to the Plant Management Team, indicating that an important role for you is expected in taking on shared responsibilities to increase the performance of and culture on the site also in a broader perspective than Quality Assurance. This additional challenge next to your regular job is ideal to stimulate your personal development and growth.
As Quality officer you have the following key focus areas:
- Assessing production processes and interpreting data to support both the production team and improvement team at site to sustain and further improve process and product quality. This includes process improvement proposals, any new testing criteria or assembly methods and designing systems by which production quality can be checked in an ongoing process.
- Take lead or take part in, (QESSH-related) projects on site and represent Quality Assurance in BG Quality discussions
- Represent Quality Assurance in multi-disciplinary teams as assigned by Manager
(i.e., quality risk assessments, compliance initiatives, process and product introductions and/or changes, facility expansions, etc.)
- Make sure the QMS for the site Heerlen is up to date and effective and all policies, procedures and work instructions are regularly reviewed, including complaint documentation
- Ensure compliance to the quality management system, corporate and regulatory requirements on quality, like DSM Requirements on quality, ISO-9001, class NKK, Oeko Tex, ABS and Food Contact GMP guidelines
- Advise, support and challenge both process and product development and in case of changes
- Perform trending, analysis and reporting on manufacturing quality capabilities for management reviews and periodic reports (KPI’s, complaints, validations etc.).
- Perform quality audits (internal or supplier for the Heerlen site) on DSM Requirements on quality, Food Contact risks, ISO-9001, Class NKK, ABS, Oeko-tex and other relevant quality regulations according to the site internal audit program on quality
- Take part in or chair quality risk assessment like Q FMEA’s, food risk assessments and RCA’s
- Being part of our site QESSH Team, you will be reporting to the QESSH Manager on site.
- The required experience, knowledge and skills:
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in process or polymer technology with affinity to quality in a manufacturing or RD&T environment
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- To provide direction and to shape the quality culture at site and on a global level
- Connects and builds bridges between departments, sites, with customers and suppliers in an open and transparent way
- Knowledge of SAP QM, quality management systems, quality standards (ISO standard 9001) and food contact GMP guidelines, and other applicable quality standards, basic knowledge on statistical evaluation methods, and MSA
- Preferably a green/black belt six sigma or willing to learn
- Ability to challenge and strong stakeholder management skills
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Fluently in Dutch and English
Procedure & Contact
Are you up for the challenge? Then get ready for action. Apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. For additional questions you can contact, Brahim Dagdaoui / Recruitment Business Partner (Brahim.Dagdaoui@dsm.com)
To data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided.
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on