DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Experience what it is like to work at one of the worldwide leaders in sustainability. You will be part of a dynamic workspace that offers you room to explore and grow. With locations in nearly 50 countries worldwide and with approximately 23,000 employees, this is the place for you to grow, reach your full potential and make a difference.
Within DSM, Risk Management is a profession. As in this fast-changing world, staying in control of the processes which are key for our businesses is more important than ever. As part of running our business we serve thousands of customers from hundreds of locations, we deal with thousands of suppliers and we have twenty-three thousand colleagues around the world. Keeping track of all this requires complex processes with extensive material, money and data & information flows.
In order to strengthen our Risk Management function (part of the function Finance), we are looking for a
Manager Risk Management & Internal Controls (fulltime)
For the Group Services and Corporate Departments, the position is based in Sittard.
- Support in developing and implementing DSM risk management and internal control (RM & IC) systems.
- Play the role of business partner from a RM & IC perspective for the Global Process Owners (GPO’s) who cover the end-to-end processes of Finance, Procurement and Marketing & Sales in DSM.
- Work closely with risk owners to provide risk oversight, challenge and advise on key decisions.
- Recommend risk management policies and risk limits to risk owners.
- Actively support the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks in DSM global projects.
- Align with the 2nd Line of Defense team to support the remediation and monitoring of controls which are part of DSM Internal Control Framework.
- Integrate risk-thinking in policies and procedures and support compliance efforts.
- Conduct trainings, workshops and risk awareness sessions to increase RM & IC maturity.
- Participate in change management boards to support the identification and mitigation of potential risks.
- Support the establishment of incident management processes that enable proper identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring of incidents and risks.
- Establish constant and transparent communication with the head of Risk Management for Group Services and Corporate Departments on relevant matters.
- Develop and maintain risk management year plans.
- Facilitate Business Risk, Process Risk and Project Risk Assessments (BRA, PRA).
- Actively participate in periodical risk committees.
- Facilitate the bi-yearly letter of representation process.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented team player with:
- At least 8 years of experience in Auditing, Advisory, Risk Management and Internal Control.
- Knowledge and background of RM & IC frameworks (i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO).
- Previous track record in implementing RM & IC systems in the areas of Finance and Procurement in similar environment (Group/Shared Services)
- Relevant university education (i.e. RA, CPA, ACCA, RC) or equivalent.
- Information Systems qualification (i.e. RE, CISA, CISM) is a plus.
- Facilitation and challenging skills deployable at various levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work across multiple functions and cultures.
- Action-oriented and able to operate in ambiguous environments with minimal direction around new areas of work.
- Strong experience working in a large matrix organization.
- Ability to lead, drive and implement initiatives full cycle and independently.
- People management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Travel to Hyderabad (India) approximatively 10%.
Interested? Please apply online on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current remuneration.
For additional questions you can contact Thomas Elsenburg, Recruitment Business Partner, Thomas.Elsenburg@DSM.com.
Reference checks can be part of our selection process, you will contacted in case we require these.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.