DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Coating Resins supports the coating industry with resins that allow the manufacture and application of sustainable coating technologies, such as waterbased, powder and UV-curing coatings.
Plant/Process Engineer will lead the site in full compliance with all process safety management and process safety life-cycle and drive the site with continuous improvement. The Engineer will be an expert on strategic, important production processes or technologies, including new product/process development, and process safety. He/she should be able to integrate knowledge from inside and outside the R&T community. Also he/she will participate in a team of process engineers, in the role of providing broad and in depth technical knowledge and process safety expertise, by supporting, preparing and executing (small) capital projects, modifications and safety and feasibility studies
- assisting operations by implementing process and quality improvements
- log sheet generation/management
- helping to maintain SHE performanc
- providing technical support for process operations.
- Other responsibilities include the continuation of PHA evaluations and PSM compliance, project management, and secondary backup for DCS reliability.
- Provide expertise at local level for new and existing product / process development, scaling-up new products to running production
- Comply with all process safety requirements
- Contribute to and participate in the top priority capital and strategic projects as defined in the Capital Project Program by delivering the Process - and Safety Engineering, as required to meet the needs of the business and the Manufacturing site
- Define, execute, evaluate and/or commission projects and modifications, in the role of process /control / safety engineer or project leader
- Follow defined project management procedures and ensure work process steps are followed and completed in the right order
- Lead the plant improvements locally to help identify and define production problems
- Prepare, chair, write and review process safety studies for new or existing chemistries and/or process adjustments
- Develop, seek agreement on, and elaborate the technical and innovative competencies for the Process Technology department to support and improve existing processes and installations, and develop new processes and technologies to support Operations
- Consult with other sites on Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) and legal (License to Operate) related issues like run away risks, explosion/fire risk and environmental issues; both preventive and corrective
- Proactively implement the SHE policies and requirements and SHE management to reach planned SHE Performance
- Follow values, “People, Planet Profit” and requirements and guidelines
- Act as lead on process safety life-cycle including PSA, Hazop, risk level classification, ATEX, ABM.
- Assist maintenance with PSM including site FMEAs, SHE criticality ranking, mechanical integrity programs
- Overall responsible for SHE at the site
- Write Safety Sampling cards and follow all SHE rules in support of the Behavior Based Safety Process.
- Attend SHEQ related training as required.
- Participate in periodic comprehensive SHE inspections as required by Department Management.
Annual review of SHE Life Saving Rules.
The Ideal Candidate
- BS in Chemical Engineering (or Chemistry), or equivalent experience
- Formal safety and environmental training at mfg. site.
- 5 + years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with DCS or PLC a plus
- Experience in chemical production
- Broad experience in all areas of business process
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your resume and cover letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be
contacted when these references checks are required.
This position is part of DSM’s Coating & Resins Business - Sustainability and innovation are embedded in all our processes, at every level of the organization, all around the world. Our specialty liquid and powder coating resins are shaping the future in decorative paints, high-end flooring, industrial wood, graphic arts and numerous metal applications, ranging from architectural and automotive use to domestic appliances, and more. Now, more than ever before, they are easier to apply, are healthier to the people who use them and friendlier for the environment, while offering great performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.