DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Are you excited by innovation and new developments for the Solar market? Are you an energetic development engineer who likes to develop and improve (new) application technologies for new materials to increase the efficiency of the use of Solar Energy via solid, durable and sustainable solutions? If so, then this might be a perfect opportunity for you.
DSM Advanced Solar (DAS)* is looking for an:
Application Technology Technician
As Application Technology Technician you will work in a multi-disciplinary team to improve DSM solar materials and their processing. The goal of these developments is to strengthen the position of DSM materials in the Solar market. For these developments DSM recently opened the Solar Technology Lab which is based in Geleen, the Netherlands. You will report to the Application Technology Team Leader. At the start of the position you will focus on Anti Reflective coatings.
The Key responsibilities in this position will be:
- Develop application methods for the DSM’s novel Solar materials together with a team.
- Test the newly developed DSM solar materials by executing experiments and report the findings to the product development research team.
- Use product and process tools such as statistical experimental design, risk analyses (FMEA), analyses techniques and testing protocols.
- Investigate process windows of the application methods and translate this into operating procedures and technical packages.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to set up joint R&D activities to solve technical issues.
- Transfer the gained knowledge to the project team by reporting the results in written report and clear presentations.
- Prepares customer specific samples for testing of the DSM materials at the customer.
- Contribute is process safety analyses.
- Make and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- HBO / College / BSc background (Physics, Applied Science, Chemistry or comparable) combined with 2 till 5 years’ experience in process development and/or technical support with performance materials (preferably in Solar Module Manufacturing).
- Team player, hands on mentality and persistent.
- Eager to improve processes and products by analyzing, experimenting and reporting of the results.
- Experience in defining and executing experiments
- Experience in performing (optical) measurements or other relevant analyzing techniques.
- Experience in module production and or coating technology.
- Willing to grow and learn in the process development area.
- know-how in process and product development.
- Reporting skills (in English) at a good level.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
For additional questions, please contact Peter Wijnen, application technology team leader (email@example.com) or Cees van den Kommer, Recruitment Business Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be
contacted when these references checks are required.
*DSM advanced solar: For over 100 years DSM has dedicated resources to research, development, and production techniques, leading us to create some of the world’s finest coatings, fibers and plastics. An important innovation area is the solar PV market. DSM is developing innovative breakthrough technologies to boost the cost/performance ratio of solar energy systems. DSM Advanced Solar (DAS) is a leading solar photovoltaic (PV) materials supplier, delivering anti-reflective and anti-soiling coatings, and advanced back sheets to PV module makers. DAS is building on this strong position to develop and deliver additional materials and technologies to module makers as well as downstream players in the value chain. DAS has technical support teams and application development hubs in both Europe and China that can offer module producers direct – and personal – design and process support around the world.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.