DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Supply Chain Officer DSM AM
DSM sharpens its focus on Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
After two decades as a major player in the Additive Manufacturing area, via our Somos® business in resin materials we are now proud to announce we plan to have a separate business under the materials cluster: DSM Additive Manufacturing(DSM AM)
We will bring multiple teams focused on AM from across the company into one dedicated, customer-centric organization. This realignment builds on our existing strengths in Stereolithography and Digital Light Processing platforms through the Somos® business, Fused Filament Fabrication platform recently developed by DSM Engineering Plastics (DEP), and several R&D projects running in our Materials Science Center (DMSC), DEP, DSM Resins and Functional Materials (DRF), DSM Innovation Center and DSM Dyneema in multiple 3D Printing platforms. We will have a renewed focus on R&D and continuous innovation to develop a broader, sustainable solutions portfolio to enable fast adoption of 3D printing manufacturing by end users. Initially our dedicated DSM AM division has a focus on supporting customers in four key markets; medical, transportation, tool & electronics and apparel – all of which are the cutting edge of manufacturing and committed to AM. We believe that we can make a tremendous growth and are very excited about this dedicated organization.
For this new business we are currently looking for a:
Supply Chain Officer (C40-100%)
Additive Manufacturing is a new and innovative domain where technology and the market is developing rapidly. As Supply Chain Officer you manage the operational aspects of the DSM AM supply chain strategy with the purpose to ensure the realization of the supply chain objectives, while assuring adherence the corporate guidelines and requirements. This requires an active role in further building and implementation of the supply chain in the first years for this new Business. You contribute to the shaping and development of the supply chain strategy and plan for the Business Unit by actively engaging with the Director Operations of DSM AM, based in the Netherlands, and be part of the global additive manufacturing team. Expected travel is up to 40%. A very interesting opportunity for a combined operations/commercial role in a customer driven part of DSM, serving a rapidly growing industry.
Your key responsibilities will be as following:
- Implementation in the system of the supply chain strategy and plan, enabling smooth supply and operations.
- Manage the practical aspect and (boundary) conditions in the service agreements with external partners to support smooth supply.
- Provide the input from supply chain side to service agreements and boundary conditions with the segment managers, development, and sales.
- Manage the order handling and delivery, planning, logistics, warehousing, inventory, packaging and transport.
- Pro-actively monitor and communicate on deviations in the alignment and agreements between Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing, and Purchasing.
- Implement and manage the relevant performance indicators.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to optimize the integral supply chain and minimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and operating Working Capital whilst meeting agreed upon customer service levels.
- Demonstrate responsibility for all SHE aspects, related to the execution of the SCM and logistic processes.
- Be responsible for all quality aspects related to the execution of the SCM processes (with respect to both internal and external quality requirements).
Background & Experience
- Masters Degree or Bachelor with strong and relevant experience in the field of Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or other SCM related fields
Discipline related knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Inventory and Supply Planning, and S&OP
- Experience from planning and raw material call off, up to product delivery
- Experience with SAP ERP-system
- Experience with Advanced Planning tools is a pré
- Experience with a strong Quality and SHE culture
- Fluent in English mandatory and Dutch preferred
- Strong ability to work independently and proactively driving progress
- Proven project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to bridge commercial and operations, and to be part of a dynamic organization
- Good team player personality, positive working attitude, and a high service orientation
- Hands-on, can do mentality – building the system and taking action to get flows running
- Good influential skills – to get cooperation of other departments without hierarchical relationship
- Preferably experience in leading people
The Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English.
For additional questions you can contact Cees van den Kommer, Recruitment Business Partner (email@example.com)
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.