DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
- Support CAPEX projects at time of construction, installation and commissioning
- Supervise extension or maintenance projects independently
- Pllan and cost the practical execution of complex replacement projects for key equipment
- Advise on lifetime expectancy of plants or equipment in-house and at due diligence
- Train local / regional maintenance personnel
- Lead/coordinate & engineer regional projects, working closely with Country GMs & plant managers for old & new plants
- Support/guide Country GMs & Plant managers to optimize blends, increase plant capacities, recommend technical and Capital Expenditure to improve effectiveness of operations, guiding all plants to fill capacities.
Key Areas of Accountability / Responsibility
- Ensure smooth installation and start-up of selected CAPEX projects in line with schedule, SHE and quality requirement.
- Ensure construction and installation of plant and equipment is carried out to DSM Standards, timeline and budget
- Ensure the quality of the civil and mechanical installation in accordance to the drawings and SHE regulations
- Coordinate and control commissioning start up and sign off of projects both for civil as well as equipment
- Deliver small CAPEX projects in time, quality and budget
- Provide input and advise on planning and budget
- Ensure plant personnel are correctly trained in maintenance of plant manufacturing, facilities and utility equipment
- Responsible for safety on site during construction / installation.
- Act as DSM contact for the civil and MEP contractors, suppliers and other contractors.
- Provide practical expertise to support the small and large scale construction projects in APAC ANH.
- As an engineering partner to local Country GMs and plant or production managers, support & recommend local regional premix plants to achieve the following criteria;
- Recommend changes to increase production efficiency
- Implement tracking and reduce total machine down time / breakdown reduction year over year
- Man hour per ton decrease at least 10% year over year
- Percentage right first time production at least 99%
- Increase throughput (tonnage per hour) at least 10% year over year
- Guide & support plants managers to reduce mixing cost
- 5% reduction in standard currency year over year
- Support & guide the region on how to reduce dust in premix plants to ZERO during the design plan of new plants & after review of old premix plants.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from accredited university is preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in hands on construction of medium sized plant projects.
- Understanding of contracts, construction techniques, costs, processes is required
- Must have good project management hands on skills and be able to solve complex problems.
- Possess PMP and technical certifications in Safety/Construction
- Experience in developing and managing robust maintenance program for manufacturing plant.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of construction management experience in plant machinery, construction project management and maintenance program management is preferred
- Possess solid command of English language and at least one other regional language
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).For additional questions, please contact Lorraine Lim, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com for this vacancy.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required. Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.