DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Are you a remarkable and impactful toxicology expert who likes to lead and shape a very broad toxicology function and develop a diverse team of experienced professionals? Then this could be the job for you.
As Head of Toxicology and Kinetics, you ensure the safety of our products according to international and national legislations and regulations, as well as according to our own safety, health, and environment policies for Human Nutrition, Animal Nutrition, and Personal Care. Expected travel is around 10%.
• You coach the team to maintain scientific expertise in the areas of toxicology, metabolism, and -toxicokinetics and to further develop the function scientifically and strategically
• Manage, coordinate, and take responsibility for all safety activities performed for DSM Nutritional Products (Human Nutrition and Health, Animal Nutrition and Health, Personal Care, Base Products and Registration of Chemicals)
• Develop and evaluate pre-clinical safety data, data gap analysis and derivation of reference doses and provide preclinical safety dossiers
• Lead and organize the function and enable your team to perform in a multi-stakeholder environment and represent it in defined project teams and committees internally and externally.
• PhD degree in life science or related academic education and qualification and deep expertise in the field of toxicology
• Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks and guidelines in your area of work
• 10+ years of experience in international business or government agencies, working in cross-functional teams, and working with challenging and diverse stakeholders
• You possess sound leadership and team management capabilities and are fluent in English, whilst additional languages are always a plus.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improving people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the ongoing success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.