Are you looking to begin your career in Fire Engineering with a global leader? Bureau Veritas are at the forefront of delivering fire safety engineering services to multi-national clients within the Construction sector. Using all of the current international technical guidance and tools available, our expert team designs and co-ordinates fire safety strategies from inception to completion.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Graduate to join our team in London, Bristol or Manchester. We’ll provide exposure to an enviable client base and portfolio of projects, and surround you with the technical expertise and support you need to develop your career.
You can benefit from a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from a global leader that puts people first.
PUTTING FIRE SAFETY FIRST
Bureau Veritas offers a full range of fire safety engineering services, working closely with clients through a true partnership approach that helps to meet and exceed expectations.
- To learn about our full range of fire safety engineering services, including fire safety strategies based on UK and international regulations, fire safety management plans and creating fire strategy drawings
- Produce, with guidance, fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the design team with the chosen building throughout the design process
- Identify, and with support, specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions
- Learn to carry out and review fire engineering calculations including smoke modelling and evacuation analysis from simple hand calculations to complex 3D computational modelling
- Understand, and with support, apply UK Fire Safety legislation and as necessary provide support in the undertaking of fire safety risk assessments
- With guidance, identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate.
- To support the Engineers in offering independent and impartial advice to clients on all aspects of fire safety engineering.
- Building strong relationships with key individuals at all levels within the client organisation, delivering service excellence in line with Bureau Veritas’ values.
- Understands, supports and contributes to the design process and delivery of projects.
- Receive training and develop an awareness of project risk issues and how to highlight where appropriate.
DEMONSTRATE YOUR EXPERTISE
Working on a 750 year old building of historic national importance one day and a £250m laboratory the next, Bureau Veritas boasts an unrivalled array of projects and clients. We’re looking for a self-starter, team player, with the confidence and personality to build lasting client relationships.
Candidate requirements include:
- Qualified to BSc / BEng / MSc / MEng level in a relevant discipline, for example Fire Engineering / Fire Safety Engineering
- A theoretical understanding of quantified analytical techniques (e.g. smoke control calculations and thermal radiation analyses)
- Understanding of fire safety requirements within UK Building Regulations, British Standards and international codes (e.g. BS 9999, NFPA)
- Ability to demonstrate strong general PC skills and software knowledge
- Keeps abreast of current technology and legislation
- Strong written, verbal and reporting skills
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from Graduate to Chartered Engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Please be aware that roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require relevant security clearances.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business. Each employee or prospective employee of the Group must know and apply our Code of Ethics. Please visit the ‘About Us’ section of the website to view our Code of Ethics.