FIRE SAFETY ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE
We're proud to have an 80-strong fire team here at Bureau Veritas UK. Could you be part of it? We're on the lookout for a Fire Engineer to join our team of experts in Manchester.
Using all of the current international technical guidance and tools available, our experienced team designs and co-ordinates fire safety strategies from inception to completion. We help bring cutting edge commercial concepts to the design process and deliver cost-efficiencies to clients – so it’s important that you share our commercial awareness and risk-based approach to design.
We’re looking for a credible, experienced professional with the ability to combine technical excellence with a personable approach to help deliver excellence across a wide variety of projects, in a fast-paced environment.
- To plan and undertake a full range of fire safety engineering services, including fire safety strategies based on UK and international regulations, fire safety management plans and creating fire strategy drawings
- Produce fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the design team with the chosen building throughout the design process
- Identify and specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions
- Carry out and review fire engineering calculations including smoke modelling and evacuation analysis from simple hand calculations to complex 3D computational modelling
- Understand and apply UK Fire Safety legislation
- Awareness of, and ability to apply with guidance, UK health and safety design legislation.
- With guidance, identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate.
- Build strong relationships with key individuals at all levels within the client organisation, delivering service excellence in line with Bureau Veritas’ values.
- Working alongside Bureau Veritas colleagues, identifying opportunities for commercial growth through complementary services
- Understand, support and contribute to the design process and delivery of projects.
- Demonstrate an awareness of project risk issues and highlight as appropriate.
DEMONSTRATE YOUR EXPERTISE
Working on a 750 year old building of historic national importance one day and a £250m laboratory the next, Bureau Veritas boasts an unrivalled array of projects and clients.
Candidate requirements include:
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline, for example Fire Engineering along with demonstrable fire safety engineering experience
- An understanding and working knowledge of quantified analytical techniques (e.g. smoke control calculations and thermal radiation analyses)
- Awareness of project finance and commercial impact on business and support, and has an understanding of the preparation of fee proposals for new projects
- Understanding of fire safety requirements within UK Building Regulations, British Standards and international codes (e.g. BS 9999, NFPA etc)
- Ability to demonstrate strong general PC skills and software knowledge
- Keeps abreast of current technology and legislation within scope of work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from Graduate to Chartered Engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require relevant security clearances.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business. Each employee or prospective employee of the Group must know and apply our Code of Ethics. Please visit the ‘About Us’ section of the website to view our Code of Ethics.