You know our brands, The Laughing Cow, Babybel, Boursin, Kaukauna, Merkts and Price's, which elicit smiles across America. They are daring, responsible and deliver dairy goodness. As you imagine, this mindset is contagious! Bel Brands USA is part of an international family company, which has led an ambitious growth strategy for 150 years and is today the world's third largest branded cheese company. If like our 12,000 employees globally, you want to have an impact in an entrepreneurial and demanding company, and share smiles around the world, dare to live the Bel experience!
Be you. Be ambitious. Be Bel.
Bel Brands USA has been named Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" for 10 years in a row. The company is headquartered in Chicago and operates three manufacturing plants in Little Chute, WI, Leitchfield, KY, and Brookings, SD.
Bel Brands has been sharing smiles and dairy goodness for over 150 years. Our premium global brands include Babybel®, The Laughing Cow®, Boursin®, Kaukauna®, Merkts®, and Price*s® cheeses. Bel’s daring spirit, commitment to quality & sustainability, and caring for our employees drives everything we do. Today, we are in the midst of a transformative time at Bel as we aim to deliver 1 Billion smiles to our consumers.
Bel is seeking the next generation of marketing individuals with a hunger for innovation and a passion for digital and data to join the US Marketing team. The Media & Digital Manager is responsible for defining the US digital marketing strategy, as well as leading the development and execution of data driven marketing in the US.
Data-driven Marketing is a focus on strategic thinking, agile mindset, and innovative digital technology applied to create exceptional customized consumers experiences - all fueled by data. This role will use deep analytics, marketing insights, and technology to build the next generation of marketing tools and platforms. This role is also responsible for a significant portion of Bel’s US business in managing and executing media strategy and activation, social media, website and content development, mobile/digital media, video, web analytics, and SEO/M.
The Media & Digital manager will report directly to the VP of Marketing and collaborate with the Brand teams to create and implement the marketing innovation needed to achieve our 2025 goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of both strategic and tactical thinking but can also thrive in an unstructured environment. This is a complex assignment with exposure to cross-functional teams and agency partners. It calls for an individual with strong communication and analytic skills and creative thinking ability for all things digital.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Media Management (50%):
- Bring fresh perspective and expertise to the most pivotal areas of digital media strategy with each of our core brands and our agency partners
- Break down and evaluate the current Bel business to identify opportunities for improvement to efficiency and effectiveness of Bel’s marketing spend
- Develop standards and operational plans to implement marketing data, publisher partnerships, measurement, and buying into Bel’s advertising
- Lead Bel’s Data Driven Marketing global project for the US: Audience intelligence insights, touchpoint mix allocation, precision targeting, smart creative, ongoing optimization, and reporting/measurement
- Ensure excellence of precision marketing methodology execution in the US
- Develop with Brand Directors annual media scope of work (SOW) and support brand teams in their campaigns leveraging digital & data
- Bring excellence in audience intelligence and targeting possibilities
- Lead local media performance to activate, monitor, and optimize campaigns across the portfolio
Social/Content Team Management (25%):
- Oversee 1 social media marketing specialist direct report: ensuring best in class social media engagement, execution, and content management
- Cultivate direct report’s role within Bel and industry by adding in additional projects to have a greater impact on Bel and groom for career advancement
- Managing the curation, storage, classification, and dissemination of digital content from our DAM (digital asset management platform)
Marketing Team Development (15%):
- Lead digital marketing transformation within Bel Brands USA across functions
- Liaise with Bel Global marketing teams to execute global projects in the US, elevate US challenges to Global teams as needed
- Develop with agency partners training and education on select media/marketing topics that directly impact them (TV buying, Digital targeting, etc.)
Marketing Team Technology Management (10%):
- Manage Brand websites (CMS) and social media platforms while partnering with the Brand teams to develop appropriate content
- Engage global teams to implement Tags/tracking needed on owned media channels
- Identify improved technology/tools to solve media challenges
Qualifications and Competencies.
- Strong knowledge of the digital media ecosystem and evaluating a marketing mix
- Strong experience in marketing/digital covering any of the following digital and data fields: digital media, digital marketing, social media, search, CRM
- Proven track record of delivering paid marketing campaigns that have positive business impacts
- Working knowledge in other non-digital media to assist brand/media teams during plan reviews (Print, Linear TV, Radio)
- Strong ability to commit people to change, work in a collaborative mode, and garner cross functional team support for projects
- Enthusiastic approach to working within a global company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five+ years of experience with strong focus in digital communications and media
- Ideally experienced on the brand and agency side of the business
- Experience with large scale media planning and activations in the US market
- 2+ current professional references
Performance Expectations: Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management, coworkers and brokers; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the department.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in an office environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines and other concerns. Occasional travel may be required.
Bel Brands is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Bel Brands also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Bel Brand’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Bel Brands is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the website, please call 312-462-1500.
If you think that this job is for you, please click now on the button "Apply".