You know our brands, The Laughing Cow, Babybel, Boursin, Kaukauna, Merkts and Price's, which elicit smiles across America. They are daring, responsible and deliver dairy goodness. As you imagine, this mindset is contagious! Bel Brands USA is part of an international family company, which has led an ambitious growth strategy for 150 years and is today the world's third largest branded cheese company. If like our 11,000 employees globally and 900 people in the US, you want to have an impact in an entrepreneurial and demanding company, and share smiles around the world, dare to live the Bel experience!
Be you. Be ambitious. Be Bel.
Bel Brands USA has been named Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" for 8 years in a row, from 2009 - 2016. The company is headquartered in Chicago and operates three manufacturing plants in Little Chute, WI, Leitchfield, KY, and Brookings, SD.
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Manager, Quality will lead the Quality Assurance department in transitioning the plant to a world class operation. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader with a proven ability to lead change initiatives that align with plant objectives and recognized quality standards, such as FSSC 22000, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to improve the Safety of our people and product through improved quality systems management.
- Work to continually improve the Quality of our product through improved quality systems management.
- Coach and develop business partners in obtaining product and process quality through a strong partnership.
- Inspirationally lead and develop the Quality and Regulatory Lead and Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Validate new equipment /process /products implemented within the facility.
- Apply industry best practice policies, processes and procedures as they relate to the integrated management system and quality system as a whole.
- Monitor and analyze the entire facilty’s quality system for continual improvement.
- Manage the faciltiy certifications (FSSC22000, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and more).
- Manage the plant HACCP plans and lead IMS and Food Defense teams.
- Responsible for leading the implementation of parent company regulations, policies and tools (GMPs, HACCP, IMS, …)
- Responsible for Consumers and Customers complaints root cause investigations, definition and implementation of action plan to address these complaints
- Manage alerts and non-conformities and monitor action plans with local business partners, Zone quality and parent company quality.
- Close partnership with Zone Quality and Regulatory Department, and the other CQTE (Plant Quality Coordinators) and DQCTRG for all Quality and Regulations relating to the facility.
- Drive plant quality KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and share reports with the Zone Quality and Regulatory Department.
- External contacts with Suppliers (follow SCARs and complete suppliers audits), Certification Boards and Regulatory Officials.
- Manage, if necessary, and in co-ordination with, the parent company, local crisis team and contacts with administrations.
- Manage departmental budget and schedules.
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
- Follows all food safety procedures.
- Follows all Safety Rules and procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others.
- Follows all environmental protocols as applicable job to prevent pollution to air, land, or water.
- Follows all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
- Follows all continuous improvement actions and rules and best practices.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Food Science or related field and/or training preferred.
- Food Engineer with 5 years’ experience on industrial sites strongly preferred.
- Dairy & Cheese processing experience strongly preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of food microbiology.
- Knowledge of regulatory databases and applying to building and equipment for products in the USA (3A, USDA, FDA norms).
- Good knowledge of audit methods and quality improvement tools (Statistics).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – comfortable in Excel and PPT.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- Ability to manage and put ideas forward. Ability to work in a project team and communicate across the organization (Corporate / Zone).
- Ability to analyze, summarize and make data-driven proposals.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop teams.
- Ability to work independently and drive strategic projects at the plant based on priority.
- Ability to deal with people effectively ("soft skills"): Communication, Performance management, Change management, Motivation, Conflict resolution, Demonstrate agility.
- Requires excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Approximately 10% Travel required.
If you think that this job is for you, please click now on the button "Apply".