The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging... every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
About The Team
The successful candidate will be part of the Financial Services Engineering team, which is at the centre of the business’ financial crime prevention and compliance activity. Our Engineering teams build the technologies and business-focused products that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Undertake the role of a Scrum Master within Agile teams
- Guide and coach the development team, Product Owner and the wider business on better understanding Agile and Scrum practices and values;
- Work closely and diligently with Product Owners and other stakeholders to better understand their requirements or user stories;
- Ensure the Product Owner defines and maintains the Product Backlog using the I.N.V.E.S.T model.
- Protect the development team from external and internal distractions;
- Remove impediments so the development team can focus on the work at hand; or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work; facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Definition and adaption of the development process to be followed by the team;
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiate information;
- Ensure that the Scrum process does not impede development team progress;
- Gather and process development team metrics and KPI’s to support continuous improvement;
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Provide necessary progress reports and interpretation and recommendations as a result of these reports.
- Work well with other SCRUM Teams and SCRUM Masters, ensure cross SCRUM team alignment and synchronisation of our software releases.
- Work up and down the organisation to promote a proactive Agile development environment.
- Evangelise and undertake coaching for Agile teams
Skills and Experience
- Professional Qualification (degree or significant industry experience)
- SCRUM Master experience (preferred 2 years or more)
- Agile development methods (e.g. Scrum / DSDM / XP / Kanban)
- Expert understanding of Software Development lifecycle and best practices (TDD, BDD, source control, change management, requirements management, release management, environments control)
- Agile tooling (Jira etc)
- Automation (Continuous Integration)
- Experience of end to end solution development in a commercial environment
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiation, communication and conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling etc.)
- Experience of delivering development projects on time and within budget.
- Able to brief up to Executive level with ease
- Able to chair and manage workshops and meetings
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: Commercial Solutions
BAE Systems has been in the business of protecting some of the world’s most important assets and networks for over 100 years. We apply the same techniques, intelligence and strategy used in defending nations and governments to businesses as well. That’s us – Commercial Solutions - a division of BAE Systems that specializes in providing businesses around the globe with the products and services they need to stay protected in today’s connected world.
We offer a broad portfolio of on premise, managed and cloud-based products and services that are proven to protect our clients against financial crime and persistent cyber attackers.
We aim to be a global industry-leading, cyber and financial crime products business and will do this by leveraging the BAE Systems brand and by delivering higher grade security solutions for our clients.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.