If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
I. Summary of the Role
1) The Digital for Airlines (DGA) department is part of the Amadeus Airlines R&D division and is in charge of delivering products and services around Amadeus product portfolio for e-Commerce.
2) The mission of the Digital for Airlines group is to support airline customers in the development and integration of Amadeus e-Commerce products for their online web sites using e-Retail or Digital API (DxAPI), which integrate Amadeus solutions for shopping, payment/ticketing, reissue/refund, ancillary services and mobile. The current customer base has over 100 airlines, with the top tier being served with dedicated competency centers run in Agile with the customer. The group is regionalized with three main R&D hubs: Nice, Bangalore and Boston.
3) The DGA group activity in the Americas support is primarily based in Boston as hub, and with Bogota as satellite site specifically for local support of Avianca and other LATAM customers.
Our customers' logic is evolving with every sprint. New features are implemented, old ones are deactivated and some are slightly modified. We need to make sure that with these changes the quality of existing functionality is not compromised. Automated tests play an important role in helping this cause. We need to make sure our tests are always relevant and make the running of tests simpler for QA and Implementation engineers.
The internship is for a talented developer with an interest in studying the existing frameworks for automation to enhance the coverage of the tests making them more robust and relevant. The intern will also work closely with Nice Implementation people working on automation to further test and improve the internal tooling being deployed for all e-Commerce implementation activities.
II. Main Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the intern will be to:
• Study the existing automation frameworks put in place by Nice and Boston Digital R&D teams.
• Work on the improvement of the tooling e.g. self-service test generator, to run the automation scripts.
• Develop an intuitive UI for the tool which is easier to use.
• Work on the improvements of the automation framework.
• Identify main test instabilities and find best solution for those instabilities.
Relevant work experience
Students must currently be in a degree program related with Software Engineering.
UI and API integration specialization is a plus.
English fluency required
Selenium library for automation using Java; Protractor automation experience a plus
Strong programming background, good collaboration and communication skills, curious and highly motivated to learn
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.