Write code that impacts the future of global travel!
We're looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to work on our new Dynamic Intelligence Hub platform, based at our London Heathrow development center. This platform generates a lot of interest in the airline community.
You will join a team following agile scrum methodology that is designing, developing and maintaining a real-time streaming platform, using state of the art technology. This platform touches all segments of our business such as reservations, ticketing, departure control, inventory or even airlines proprietary systems. This platform allows airlines to react in real-time to their operations, creating and running key use cases in a modern and highly serviceable environment.
Within Amadeus, the Dynamic Intelligence Hub team works closely with teams across multiple sites (London, Nice, Bangalore, Miami, Erding), applications and groups (R&D, Global Operations). As a Software Development Engineer, you will be accountable for the technical design, development and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with stakeholders.
By joining this department, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in the design and development of a strategical new product for Amadeus.
You will be responsible for:
- Our real-time data acquisition platform (ETL), leveraging on Kafka and MongoDB to build a powerful, micro-service based, streaming architecture.
- Our Rule Engine module based on drools (along with its Angular User Interface) in charge of doing real-time analysis of data streams and triggering operational use cases accordingly
- Our RESTful “Digital API” in JSON
- All components being cloud ready, making the most of Red Hat Openshift technology
You will have:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Java, Kafka and MongoDB experience
- Experience on streaming platforms would be advantageous
- Any Python, Drools, Openshift or Scala experience would be a plus
- Some knowledge and (ideally) experience in Agile Scrum methodology
- We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work with other operations and development teams on a daily basi
Amadeus is the number one Software Provider for the travel industry and are one of the world’s top 10 software companies.
We build the technology that powers the global travel industry. This includes flight search algorithms that determine the best route to a destination, systems that board over 4 million passengers every day, resource management tools for the world’s busiest airports and software that handles 75,000+ transactions per second.
We have operations in 195 markets, with a global community of over 16,000 people from more than 140 different nationalities.
What we do is mission critical.
Our purpose is to shape the future of travel. We believe that better technology makes better journeys and we make this happen by joining the dots in the entire travel ecosystem.
Closing date: 3 March 2019
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.