If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Managing both financial and commercial assessment of airline IT, Distribution and large strategic projects. Including: Full responsility for business assessment, pricing, financial modeling, proposal approval, submission to Investment Committee and post – mortem analysis and corrective actions and active support to commercial negotiations
Direct communication and support to Senior Management and ExCom members (CEO, CFO, VP Head of ACU APAC, etc)
Active participation in face-to-face negotiations with airline customers at executive level
Leading commercial assessment workstreams working in an autonomous way with airline customers
Full responsibility of deals in APAC within his area of responsibility
A) AIRLINE COMMERCIAL NEGOTIATIONS
Scope: In the scope of Airline Distribution and AIT, the candidate would be managing financial and commercial evaluation, modeling, and Investment Committee submission of commercial business cases, including among others:
1. Content agreements
2. Marketing services agreements, ATLA agreements, hybrid distribution models (NDC, Private Channel, etc)
3. IT agreements (Altea, Merchandising, ecommerce, Revenue Management, adhoc products)
4. Bundled proposals (Distribution, AIT, TI and Payments)
Main responsibilities include:
• Actively participate in face-to-face Airline Distribution and AIT deal negotiations in the region (including large and strategic projects) and be responsible in providing commercial and financial assessment to the sales organisations while ensuring that Amadeus financial and strategic benefits are maximized and business risks are identified and mitigated.
• Lead commercial assessment workstreams working independently with airline customers and be responsible in aligning TCO positions, reducing commercial risks and maximising commercial benefits to Amadeus
• Full ownership of highly complex financial models built in a flexible and user friendly way allowing make live changes and outputs of the models including financial KPIs, variance analysis, sensitivity and scenario analysis and risk assessment
• Achieve expert understanding on highly complicated deals. Increasing complexity due to market dynamics that imply highly expert knowledge (NDC, Private Channel, Dual pipeline models, APIs, etc)
• Provide supporting analysis to the sales teams in a timely manner in both IT and Distribution (Yield / value added Proposition + Savings + TCOs , etc..)
• Become the liaison between Airlines and Travel Channels facilitating agreement between both organizations and ensuring those agreements are documented and quantified in order to be included in Budget and LTP targets
• Be responsible in reviewing and applying pricing policies
• Lead opportunity and risk assessment (legal, financial, strategic, commercial, etc…)
• Manage presentations and other documentation presentations for Top management (including senior APAC management and ExCom members) review and presentation to airline
• Actively participate in face to face negotiation with the airline, including presentation of economic impact of the offer and real time risk assessment of proposed changes by the customer
• Manage and coordinate the approval process
• Be responsible for submission process to Investment Committee, coordination among all approvers (Director level or above), prepare documentation, defend the project in the Investment Committee preparatory meeting and work closely with sponsor (Director level or above) to prepare the final Investment Committee session
• Manage the post-mortem analysis and identification of corrective actions
• Review and help prepare draft contracts, ensuring the involvement of other Finance departments as required
In all cases, close coordination with senior management and Excom members, Distribution and Account Management and IT, Markets and other Finance departments is required.
1. To support the sale process, facilitating the approval from Top Management
2. To maximize the return of each negotiation
3. To reduce associated risks
4. To outperform corporate LTP/ Budget
B) STRATEGIC NEGOTIATIONS
Scope: It mainly includes negotiations with other entities (not airlines) that given its complexity and size require deep understanding of the economical flows of the company and of the industry. Past examples include:
• Joint-venture agreements with local GDS (Topas, etc)
• Acquisitions analysis
• Complex Distribution models
• Complex AIT models (e.g. Ricebowl)
• New market entry assessment
The role may vary on each case from actively participating/ leading the financial, commercial and strategic dimensions to providing specific support to M&A / Controlling department as required.
Main responsibilities include:
• Support to negotiations
• Responsibility for financial modeling
• Responsibility for opportunity and risk assessment
In all cases, close coordination with senior management, ExCom members and with Corporate Strategy is required.
1. To maximize the return of each negotiation
2. To reduce associated risks
3. To create value for the company
C) SALES CONTROLLING (DISTRIBUTION)
Scope: Full responsibility for the internal distribution sales controlling processes for ALL the APAC region (not just the sub regions under his responsibility) as per below:
1. Airline agreements monitoring and accruals preparation, including leading preparation of the initial budget (3 versions) and 2 forecast exercises (2 versions each) for up to 80 airlines based on input agreed with distribution sales and account management
2. Responsibility in providing all inputs needed to pricing team in order to perform the Corporate Pricing annual exercise
1. To anticipate potential risks
2. To contribute in outperforming the corporate Budget
Degree in Economics/ Engineering/ Business or numerate degree. MBA or post graduate studies preferred
5-8 years’ experience in business consulting or commercial / financial role in a multinational company
• Travel or GDS industry knowledge
• IT / IT Outsourcing industry knowledge
• Financial / project valuation knowledge
• Strong commercial sense
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills
• Team player
• Interaction with senior executives & customers
- Travel industry knowledge an asset
- Finance knowledge advanced
- English: Excellent, written and oral
- PC skills: Advanced (Excel, Access)
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.