If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
A Training Specialist builds trust in the product and company, and maintains positive relationships with our customers. Success in this role typically requires the specialist to work closely with the Professional Services teams to deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Be an advocate for Amadeus Hospitality and its products
- Travel regionally and internationally approximately 80% of the time conducting product trainings to customers. Often on very short notice.
- Be proficient in conducting trainings for Amadeus Hospitality suite of products including – Delphi.fdc, Amadeus Hospitality Diagrams, MeetingBroker, and etc.
- Complete all post-communication follow up work
- Maintain communication with direct supervisor during home weeks
- Communicate with Technical teams to troubleshoot and inform of any technical difficulties
- Preparation Duties
- Communicate with Project Managers to discuss training tasks assigned prior to travel
- Work with Project Managers and/or Travel Agencies to ensure travel arrangement is complete prior to travel
- Ensure preparation documentation has been received and understood prior to travel
- Contact sites one week prior to training for accommodation and training room arrangements confirmation.
- Onsite or Remote Training Duties
- Ensure that each training class has been properly trained according to the agreed upon training schedule
- Minimize the amount of complimentary training given to sites by ensuring that the client is trained effectively on the product in the amount of time given
- Handle conflict situations calmly and professionally, and make sure any decisions made are in the best interest of both Amadeus Hospitality and the client
- Remain in control of the classroom without appearing demanding or overbearing
- Maintain patience and understanding during the training process
- Never show anger or be condescending to trainees; manage difficult trainees tactfully
- Provide creative solutions to challenges that arise while onsite
- Provide a friendly training environment by being approachable to trainees
- Take initiative in ensuring that any challenges are proactively discussed
- Communicate any issues affect completing training to the appropriate Professional Services manager prior to leaving the site
- Post Training Duties
- Complete training recapitulations in a timely manner
- Complete expense reports and time sheets each week in a timely manner
- Work as first level support to help customers with their application problems reported
- Coordinate and complete merge forms, BEOs and banquet checks for sites
- Provide feedback to team leaders and managers to proactively assist on continual process and methodology improvements
- In-house training for Amadeus Hospitality employees
- Assist other departments as needed, including with tasks such as customize training agenda, customer service wellness calls, and etc
- Other duties as assigned
Key Competency and Skill Requirements
- Adaptable to extensive travel and schedule changes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- able to deliver content clearly
- able to assist customers to focus on learning
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- able to tactfully manage the class to ensure the training objectives are met
- Positive and professional manners onsite and over other channels of communications (telephone, emails)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good listening skills
- able to listen to understand others without interrupting
- The ability to build professional trust and respect with customers and co-workers
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new software applications, networks, and hardware components
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work both individually and as a team
- Basic application troubleshooting skills
- Language proficiency: Mandarin & English
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree holder in any of the relevant disciplines such as Hotel Management, Information Technology, Information Management, or equivalent education and experience
- 2-4 years working experience in relevant industries
- Background or relevant technical experience in working with computer software systems is a plus
- Previous hospitality operations experienced preferred, preferably in the sales and catering operations
- Previous software training experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of Amadeus Hospitality’s products is an added advantage
- Proficient with MS Office
- Language requirements: English and Chinese – Written and Spoken, proficiency in any additional Chinese Dialects or Asian languages will be an added asset.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.