Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading!
When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to
drive your career, apply now!
At Amadeus, we build technology that is mission critical. Put your career in safe hands.
Our products and solutions operate around the clock, 24/7/365 to support 770 airlines board over 4 million passengers every day.
If you’ve travelled anywhere, you’ll have used Amadeus tech.
Cross-border teams work together across the globe. We are one Amadeus, one global family of nearly 17,000 people, speaking 62 languages in over 190 markets. If you’ve got the ambition to build a challenging, successful tech career and learn on the job, Amadeus is a great prospect for you!
What We Are Recruiting
Our Heathrow R&D Centre of Excellence is responsible for developing the Amadeus Departure Control System which automates critical airport processes from passenger and baggage check-in to boarding to departure.
It’s complex, mission critical, distributed, real-time, written in over 180,000 lines of C++ code and runs 24/7/365 days a year for over 100 airline customers and 750 million passengers each year.
We have an impressive pipeline of new features & system enhancements planned and we are searching for self-starters who want to craft quality software to bring these changes into production.
If you’re passionate about programming, a self-starter who want the responsibility of working on live projects from day one, take a look at some of the roles we’re recruiting:
- Graduate Software Developers (not just a Programmer…..)
- Design architecture/data models/high level specifications
- Develop SW
- Write programs for critical projects,
- Ensure integrity - perform Unit, Integration, Performance, Regression Tests
- Provide Technical Expertise to support Operations for software load and problem diagnosis; Product Definition during the specifications
- Graduate Product Development Analyst (a functional expert….)
- Define and update product functionality and specification with customer
- Define and clarify needs, write specifications, plan deliveries, share acceptance testing with Product Manager
- Anticipate and plan product evolutions with Software Developers
- Review and validate technical solutions, share non-regression testing
- Graduate Implementation Engineer (delivering to our clients…)
- Pre-sales, scoping and project planning
- System setup
- Production preparation
- Cutover and, finally, post cutover support
About The Team
If this sounds like a career you’d enjoy, then you will be part of the solution and will work with leading industry experts, responsible for all elements of the software, from front-end to back-end!
You will also proactively contribute to product evolution and innovation working closely with Business Analysts, Product Managers, Quality Analysts and implementation teams in an Agile environment.
Your interactions with colleagues will extend beyond London to include Nice, Bangalore and Sydney and across Customer Management, Flight Management, Reservations, Ticketing, Communication Middleware, and Document Servers applications.
What Are We Looking For?
- 2.1 or higher Computer Science / Software Engineering degree and strong academic record (ideally 340 UCAS points or equivalent)
- Eligibility to work in the UK (for exceptional candidates who are exceptional, we would consider applying for sponsorship)
- Strong technical aptitude; reasonably proficient in C++, Java, or Python
- Understanding of other languages is an advantage, including RDMS/SQL (Oracle preferred), Standard Template Library, Design Patterns
- A passionate problem solver, out-of-box thinker
- A business mind set and strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional levels of spoken and written English, ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
What It’s Like to Work at Amadeus
We’re a company with a clear vision and strong values. Our employees are both highly talented and deeply committed.
At the heart of our culture is a determination to harness new technologies, making the future of travel even better for our customers’ customers. To achieve this, we foster open dialogue and innovative thinking. We’ve invested €9.6min in training in one year alone and actively promote our international mobility programme.
We enjoy a good work-life balance with yoga and massages onsite, opportunities for flexible working and holidays starting at 28 days. We know how to have fun too! Many employees take part in Hackathons, Bash Days, Product-athons and ‘Innovation’ where you can submit all your latest ideas from the get-go.
Throughout the year, we also host a number of company event days; from our newest graduates and interns to R&D Directors, we network, share knowledge and party together.
You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. You’ll work with colleagues from every corner of the globe. You’ll learn from the top minds in the industry.
At Amadeus, you’ll build a career that matters – a career that moves the world.
Come and join us.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.