To foster value creation from the use of the organization’s data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem, through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies, and enabling business outcomes through analytics.
To direct data and analytics governance and processes, and suport the use of analytics to drive innovation and company objectives.
- Committing Data & Analytics service delivery for Almirall.
- Responsible for ensuring all Data & Analytics services are delivered in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements and agreed upon project plans.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Facilitate change via Data & Analytics technology
- Research and respond to requests received from the business areas through the IT Business Partners and IT Service Owners.
- Ensure continuous awareness of the technological trends, their maturity, and how Almirall may benefit from them. Assess, plan and execute the adoption of new tecnologies and capabilities into the Almirall Organization.
- Promote opportunities for applying technology to business problems; champion introduction of new or improvement of existing tools and solutions.
- Bring awareness of new technology and products to the business, support business reengineering as needed.
- Oversee the Integration and staging of data, and the development and maintenance of the data lakes and data warehouses, for use by the analysts throughout the Organization.
- Facilitate the evolution of self-service analytics and data preparation.
Identify and standardize the use and governance of D&A in suport of the company’s business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical Applications and automated decision making.
Support regulatory and compliance programs related to D&A assets.
- Ensure that the data used for financial reporting and legal requirements is valid, reliable, traceable, timely, available, secure and consistent.
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage Corporate risk associated with the use of D&A.
- With the leadership of IT Security, create policies and controls for the appropriate protection of company information assets through a defined lifecycle.
Direct the planning phase of IT projects and manage the IT portfolio for the Data & Analytics.
- Act as initial contact point for D&A project proposals; evaluate feasibility of potential projects in coordination with the associated IT Business Partner. Collaborate with the business lead to develop business cases for projects.
- Analyze IT requirements for input to the budgeting process.
- Assist in compiling, justifying and getting approval for project proposals.
- Ensure all requests are documented, screened and scheduled according to designated priorities.
- Ensure effective project mandate is developed.
- Ensure the business requirements are clearly defined, approved, communicated and understood.
Oversee project execution
- Drive the development and Deployment of the company’s D&A platforms. Lead the development of the D&A products.
- Ensure resources, either internal from associated IT Department or external are secured to meet business demands.
- Ensure solutions are delivered according to approved budget and target dates.
- Ensure high level of quality in solutions is delivered.
Facilitate Operational IT service by collaborating with other IT Departments:
- Ensure IT Service providers meet the service levels and the customer expectations related to Data & Analytics solutions and performance.
- Provide business case behind service levels (or at minimum review/approve business case developed by business lead and analyst).
- Provide transparency in services delivered to customers
- Contribute to vendor management for D&A related services.
Full responsibility to manage the overall budget to provide the services outlined above.
Lead and manage a team of IT professionals, ensure their capabilities are aligned with the business expected services, look after their professional development and motivation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or closely related discipline.
- Superior knowledge of Reporting, analytics and Advanced analytics aspects in medium size multinational companies is a must (modules, architecture, best practices, functionality, governance processes, etc). Experience in the pharmaceutical industry will be a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Capability to think strategically.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to drive IT strategy and architectural standards.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Five of more years of business experience, ideally in information or IT Management. Preferably, experience in information-intensive industries or digitally Advanced enterprises
- Three or more years of analytics or comparable experience, leading teams and enterprisewide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the business areas.
- Proven track record of working with big data and social data, as well as cloud-based delivery of solutions.
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic mètrics and scorecards.