Carrièremogelijkheden: Director, Global Employment Tax (45938)
Vacatureformulier-id 45938 - Gepubliceerd 18-05-2018 - Liberty Global - Verenigd Koninkrijk - London - Functioneel gebied (4) - Fulltime/ Parttime (1) - Job Level (2)
Looking for talented people
- Subject matter expert and advising various corporate departments like HR, legal, accounting & payroll on relevant employment tax matters to effectively control risk and ensure compliance in this area.
- Advise Finance on processes around payroll. Be strategic around the use of technology in this area and lead / initiate relevant projects in this area.
- Work with Finance to develop and maintain end2end reporting template around people related cost including tax. Drive visibility in this area and lead regular update sessions with the Group CFO using such template.
- End responsibility on the complex international employment tax compliance area around directors and executives – requirement to research interpret and communicate highly complex tax rules across multi jurisdictions.
- End responsibility optimizing all tax ramifications (employment tax, corporate tax, social security) of the global equity plan, working closely with HR and Legal with emphasis on the US, UK and the Netherlands being the 3 key central / operational locations.
- Responsibility for decision making across subject matter areas.
- Regular interaction with the most senior stakeholders across the organisation (CFOS, HRDs) – excellent communication skills required.
- Accountable for managing agreed budget.
- Set out and ensure delivery of global employment-related tax savings strategies
- GET representative in the Reward Leadership team advising on effective and efficient structures for employee and executive reward, benefits, equity and payroll
- Advise on global employment-related tax risk for all HR-related decisions
- Report to management on all global employment-related tax compliance issues, putting in place appropriate controls and processes to ensure full compliance with applicable tax and regulatory requirements
- Rationalize and control compliance processes around directors’ and executive compensation, thereby optimizing procedures and communication between the various corporate departments involved
- Assess and analyze applicable tax and regulatory requirements of LGI’s equity plans for executives and international employees
- Relevant postgraduate experience with a proven track record in income tax filing and/or payroll practices
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience in a senior role at a Big 4 CPA firm and/or a Fortune 100 Tax or Human Resources group
- Experience with US tax
- Experience with European employment tax , especially UK
- Experience working in international business
- Experience with payroll / IT systems
- Deep experience with equity plans
- Deep experience with mobility programmes
Skills & Abilities:
- Superb communication skills, written and oral
- Flexibility and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment
- High degree of confidentiality and good judgement and an ability to apply these attributes to sensitive issues
- Ability to work successfully manage multiple workstreams
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Team members of the tax team, local and foreign payroll, HR, accounting, legal, and tax.
- Internationally mobile employees and international participants in equity plan.
- Regular interaction with senior management, including executives which are in the mobility program.
- External providers, including tax and legal consultants, equity plan administrators, etc.
- Tax authorities
Liberty Global is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.