Which team is looking for a Fiber and Backhaul Solutions engineer?
The Fiber & Backhaul Solutions team finds solutions for all required connectivity popping up at our external and internal customers. These are for instance the customers of Telenet Business enjoying our services via the vast fiber network of Telenet, or the mobile subscribers accessing the radio network thanks to the access sites which can be connected by means of fiber, by microwave solution or ultimately via a leased line from another operator.
The team builds and controls these solutions and defines the extensions to the network to fulfill the ever-growing demand of bandwidth with the best compromise between costs, implementation time and quality requirements.
The design is based upon guidelines from engineering translated to the operational reality and defining how solutions should be established and in the end built by the subcontractors.
Your role as fiber and backhaul solutions engineer?
- Design connectivity solutions (fiber/µWave) and their extensions to fulfill the ever-growing demand by considering the implementation deadlines, the capacity needs and the costs requirements. Cooperate with the subcontractor for the execution.
- Critically assess the various tools, procedures and processes, and contribute to improvement tracks.
What is in your backpack?
- If you have a high-level qualification in a technical field (e.g. Bachelor degree in Telecommunications);
- If you have strong communication skills in English (Dutch or French knowledge is a plus);
- If your backpack is filled in with analytical skills, ability to be very detailed yet maintaining the overall view, learning agility, eagerness to contribute to the capacity of Telenet network;
- If you’re not only driven by technology but are also curious about the processes, end-to-end optimization and the “machine” behind the success story of Telenet;
- If you can demonstrate organizational effectiveness to handle the various and multiple connectivity demands;
- If it would make you proud to say that you contribute to the (r)evolution towards the digital world;
- If working in a team means something to you (even in 24/7)…
- …you’re a perfect match to what we are looking for… Wait no longer and hit the “apply”-button.